Is there a way of telling how long your pc is on, without using your
Internet Connection (if on Broadband) or any 3rd party apps. Does something
come with WinXP to tell me this?

Regards.

"Kardon Coupé" <prefer.to@readon.newsgroups> wrote in message
> Is there a way of telling how long your pc is on, without using your
> Internet Connection (if on Broadband) or any 3rd party apps. Does
> something come with WinXP to tell me this?
>
> Regards.

Type "net statistics workstation" at the command prompt and you will get
output that looks something like this:

Statistics since 8/3/2005 5:43 PM

Bytes received 1097499
Server Message Blocks (SMBs) received 2280
Bytes transmitted 195185
Server Message Blocks (SMBs) transmitted 2279
Read operations 1325
Write operations 15
Raw reads denied 0
Raw writes denied 0

The date and time on the first line usually corresponds with the last
reboot.

Good Luck,

Carl

CD

Distinguished
May 1, 2004

Open Task Manager and view the CPU Time for the System Idle Process. This
should tell you how long your PC has been running since the last shutdown.
If you don't see CPU Time, click on View...Select Columns and check off the
CPU Time column.

"Kardon Coupé" wrote:

> Is there a way of telling how long your pc is on, without using your
> Internet Connection (if on Broadband) or any 3rd party apps. Does something
> come with WinXP to tell me this?
>
> Regards.

See www.dougknox.com, Win XP Utilities, System Up Time

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Kardon Coupé" <prefer.to@readon.newsgroups> wrote in message news:Oqx$pUpnFHA.3288@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Is there a way of telling how long your pc is on, without using your
> Internet Connection (if on Broadband) or any 3rd party apps. Does something
> come with WinXP to tell me this?
>
> Regards.

"Kardon Coupé" <prefer.to@readon.newsgroups> wrote in message
> Is there a way of telling how long your pc is on, without using your
> Internet Connection (if on Broadband) or any 3rd party apps. Does
> something come with WinXP to tell me this?
>
> Regards.

If you have XP Pro type the following in the Command Prompt

systeminfo | @find "System Up Time:"

--
William

must be xp pro specific
or i'm blinder than i though

"CD" <CD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Open Task Manager and view the CPU Time for the System Idle Process. This
> should tell you how long your PC has been running since the last shutdown.
> If you don't see CPU Time, click on View...Select Columns and check off
> the
> CPU Time column.
>
> "Kardon Coupé" wrote:
>
>> Is there a way of telling how long your pc is on, without using your
>> Internet Connection (if on Broadband) or any 3rd party apps. Does
>> something
>> come with WinXP to tell me this?
>>
>> Regards.

You can select columns in Task Manager, View > Select Columns and check off
CPU time.

--
William

"bumtracks" <lost@disney.lan> wrote in message
> must be xp pro specific
> or i'm blinder than i though
>
> "CD" <CD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Open Task Manager and view the CPU Time for the System Idle Process.
>> This
>> should tell you how long your PC has been running since the last
>> shutdown.
>> If you don't see CPU Time, click on View...Select Columns and check off
>> the
>> CPU Time column.
>>
>> "Kardon Coupé" wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a way of telling how long your pc is on, without using your
>>> Internet Connection (if on Broadband) or any 3rd party apps. Does
>>> something
>>> come with WinXP to tell me this?
>>>
>>> Regards.

Thank you, that works a treat!

> "WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Kardon Coupé" <prefer.to@readon.newsgroups> wrote in message
>>> Is there a way of telling how long your pc is on, without using your
>>> Internet Connection (if on Broadband) or any 3rd party apps. Does
>>> something come with WinXP to tell me this?
>>>
>>> Regards.
>>>

>> If you have XP Pro type the following in the Command Prompt
>>
>> systeminfo | @find "System Up Time:"
>>
> Thank you, that works a treat!

You're welcome.

--