What replaced AGP?

I saw some posts earlier to the effect that Dell is no longer
making new systems with AGP slots.

I've heard nothing about a newer technology replacing AGP.

Details?

Thanks much.

kyrrin (a/t) bluefeathertech[d=o=t]calm -- www.bluefeathertech.com
with surreal ports?"

I believe you are referring to PCI Express, which is replacing AGP.

Ted Zieglar

"Dr. Anton T. Squeegee" <SpammersAreVermin@dev.null> wrote in message
> I saw some posts earlier to the effect that Dell is no longer
> making new systems with AGP slots.
>
> I've heard nothing about a newer technology replacing AGP.
>
> Details?
>
> Thanks much.
>

> --
> Dr. Anton T. Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute.
> (Known to some as Bruce Lane, ARS KC7GR,
> kyrrin (a/t) bluefeathertech[d=o=t]calm -- www.bluefeathertech.com
> "If Salvador Dali had owned a computer, would it have been equipped
> with surreal ports?"

"Dr. Anton T. Squeegee" <SpammersAreVermin@dev.null> wrote in message
| I saw some posts earlier to the effect that Dell is no longer
| making new systems with AGP slots.
|
| I've heard nothing about a newer technology replacing AGP.
|
| Details?
|
| Thanks much.

PCI-Express

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/vectors/en/2004_pciexpress?c=us&l=en&s=corp