Can't Delete Files-Access Denied

I've got a machine running Win XP Home SP 2. Ther is a folder containing
files in the Program Files folder that I want to delete. When I attempt to
delete any of them, either to the recycle bin not, I get an error "Access
Denied - ...". I am the computer administrator. The only help I could find
on Microsoft's site tells me to have the administrator change my privileges
or the permissions on the files. Well, since I am the administrator, it seems
like I should be able to do it myself.

How can I delete these files?

Thanks.
Bill Lugg
2 answers Last reply
More about delete files access denied

    Hi Bill,

    The file that you are trying to delete might be in use already. Try booting into safe mode and
    deleting the file.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    Use killbox http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/killbox.zip

    "Bill Lugg" <Bill Lugg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've got a machine running Win XP Home SP 2. Ther is a folder containing
    > files in the Program Files folder that I want to delete. When I attempt
    > delete any of them, either to the recycle bin not, I get an error "Access
    > Denied - ...". I am the computer administrator. The only help I could
    > find
    > on Microsoft's site tells me to have the administrator change my
    > privileges
    > or the permissions on the files. Well, since I am the administrator, it
    > seems
    > like I should be able to do it myself.
    >
    > How can I delete these files?
    >
    > Thanks.