Can't Delete Files-Access Denied

I've got a machine running Win XP Home SP 2. Ther is a folder containing
files in the Program Files folder that I want to delete. When I attempt to
delete any of them, either to the recycle bin not, I get an error "Access
Denied - ...". I am the computer administrator. The only help I could find
on Microsoft's site tells me to have the administrator change my privileges
or the permissions on the files. Well, since I am the administrator, it seems
like I should be able to do it myself.

How can I delete these files?

Thanks.
Bill Lugg

Hi Bill,

The file that you are trying to delete might be in use already. Try booting into safe mode and
deleting the file.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User