computer won,t go on standby

when i go to put my computer on standby by clicking on the standby icon on
screen,my computer goes on stanby and then immediately starts up again.why is
this and what can i do?
--
toni c
2 answers Last reply

    'So you've lost (or never had) Standby and/or Hibernate?

    http://www.rickrogers.org/standby.htm

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    toni wrote:
    > when i go to put my computer on standby by clicking on the standby icon on
    > screen,my computer goes on stanby and then immediately starts up again.why is
    > this and what can i do?

    i haven,t had standby since my computer had a new motherboard,
    regards toni c
    --
    toni c

    "S.Sengupta" wrote:

    > 'So you've lost (or never had) Standby and/or Hibernate?
    >
    > http://www.rickrogers.org/standby.htm
    >
    > regards,
    > ssg MS-MVP
    >
    > toni wrote:
    > > when i go to put my computer on standby by clicking on the standby icon on
    > > screen,my computer goes on stanby and then immediately starts up again.why is
    > > this and what can i do?

Computers Microsoft Windows XP