xp restore not working tried to use chkdsk /r to Boot

My Start Windows Normally command will not work
Got a command prompt c:windows where I tried chkdsk /r
The volume was created returned me to c:windows> that is where I am un
certain what to do.

Please help with the CD seeming to stall out
and with the command to type after the c promt post volume creation

The F8 key to accept the install will not work. Do you have
suggestions?

No errors. The computer does nothing at all after I press F8.

What error(s) do you get?

--
Mike Matheny

"lowedown" <jlowedown@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> The F8 key to accept the install will not work. Do you have
> suggestions?

Try a Repair Install. Check here for further instructions. Pay very
close attention to Step 3.
> My Start Windows Normally command will not work
> Got a command prompt c:windows where I tried chkdsk /r
> The volume was created returned me to c:windows> that is where I am un
> certain what to do.
>
> Please help with the CD seeming to stall out
> and with the command to type after the c promt post volume creation

"lowedown" <jlowedown@yahoo.com> wrote:

>No errors. The computer does nothing at all after I press F8.

USB or Wireless keyboard perhaps?
Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Where in that repair install document does it say to press F8? If you follow
the instructions, you should be ok - however, if your installtion is so
blown that setup cannot find a previous version to repair, you are out of
luck.