Support 3? (2nd send)

Hi, All,

I see where Dell wants me to upgrade from Support 2 to what sounds like a much
busier Support 3 that will scan my computer for potential problems and alert me etc.

Is this worth doing? I haven't gotten much use from Support 2.
Anyone else?

Apparently, you can opt out by going Control Panel | Add/Remove | Dell Support by
June 1, so presumably an unwanted Support 3 would also at least be uninstallable.

Thanks,

Travis

"Travis" <travis_at_charbeneau_dot_net> wrote in message

> Hi, All,
>
> I see where Dell wants me to upgrade from Support 2 to what sounds like a
> much
> busier Support 3 that will scan my computer for potential problems and
> alert me etc.
>
> Is this worth doing? I haven't gotten much use from Support 2.
> Anyone else?
>
> Apparently, you can opt out by going Control Panel | Add/Remove | Dell
> Support by
> June 1, so presumably an unwanted Support 3 would also at least be
> uninstallable.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Travis

Travis,

I'm not familiar with those, uhm, "packages". What system do you have and
what other info. (length of warranty) can you toss out about what you have?

To be honest, most comments about the installed "Dell Support" software here
have been negative. Most posts have been from users who wanted to eliminate
the annoying pop-up balloons created by the software and how to stop or
uninstall it.

If these support options will cost you money, you might wish to opt to post
to newsgroups like this very one or over on the dell community forum boards
instead. A lot depends on your comfort level and situation.

I personally wouldn't feel comfortable allowing a software to determine what
is/was "wrong" with my system versus skilled users/professionals -

Stew

Thanks for the reply,

Yeah, this "support" is free, but useless in troubleshooting so far, and I don't
fancy the intrusion bit myself. I have a Dimension 4600 purchased one year ago. I've
suffered one dead mouse, which my four-year parts warranty covered. But the yellow
pop-up balloons, etc., have just been a nuisance and, again, this new Support 3
version sounds even "busier." I'll try to uninstall.

Best wishes,

Travis

> Thanks for the reply,
>
> Yeah, this "support" is free, but useless in troubleshooting so far, and I
> don't fancy the intrusion bit myself. I have a Dimension 4600 purchased
> one year ago. I've suffered one dead mouse, which my four-year parts
> warranty covered. But the yellow pop-up balloons, etc., have just been a
> nuisance and, again, this new Support 3 version sounds even "busier." I'll
> try to uninstall.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Travis

Control Panel/add-remove programs/ Dell Support.

Cool. Good luck with your machine. With that extended parts warranty, you
should be in good shape for a while.

Stew