Pictures to CD

August 11, 2005 4:59:02 PM

I have just gotten a Digital camera and am wondering if it is the same as
coping a picture to a CD or burning it? If burning it, what is a cheap or
free download for burning software? Sorry, all of this Digital stuff is new
to me.

Allan

More about : pictures

Anonymous
August 11, 2005 8:55:34 PM

Most every digital camera will allow to download the pictures you take with
it, either by some type of cable connection (USB for still cameras, Firewire
for camcorders) or some type of digital media (Mini CDs/DVDs, MMC/SD/Memory
Stick etc..) It really depends on your camera. Then, once you download
them to your PC/laptop, you can do what ever you want with them (edit, print
and burn to CD/DVD).

Please note: The above concerns digital cameras and not cell phone with
digital cameras built into them. Cell phone with digital cameras do not
normally allow you to directly copy the pictures from the phone. You
usually need to send them over the cell phone carrier service, since they
purposely disable all other method of downloading the pictures.

"Allan" <Allan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just gotten a Digital camera and am wondering if it is the same as
> coping a picture to a CD or burning it? If burning it, what is a cheap or
> free download for burning software? Sorry, all of this Digital stuff is
> new
> to me.
>
> Allan
August 11, 2005 9:41:29 PM

You might want to download Picasa2, its free, very easy to use, it locates
and organizes your pictures automatically and lets you adjust color, etc.
You can find it at http://picasa.google.com/index.html.
I also like to work with Arcsoft at http://www.arcsoft.com/products/

Enjoy your pictures

"Allan" wrote:

> I have just gotten a Digital camera and am wondering if it is the same as
> coping a picture to a CD or burning it? If burning it, what is a cheap or
> free download for burning software? Sorry, all of this Digital stuff is new
> to me.
>
> Allan
August 11, 2005 11:13:39 PM

I agree with Picasa 2.

When you write to a CD you are "burning". It is usually best to burn an
entire CD at one time. That can mean waiting until you have a few hundred
pictures or an entire vacation. It is not really practical to burn one at a
time since some readers may not be able to read multiple burns.

"Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You might want to download Picasa2, its free, very easy to use, it locates
> and organizes your pictures automatically and lets you adjust color, etc.
> You can find it at http://picasa.google.com/index.html.
> I also like to work with Arcsoft at http://www.arcsoft.com/products/
>
> Enjoy your pictures
>
> "Allan" wrote:
>
>> I have just gotten a Digital camera and am wondering if it is the same as
>> coping a picture to a CD or burning it? If burning it, what is a cheap or
>> free download for burning software? Sorry, all of this Digital stuff is
>> new
>> to me.
>>
>> Allan
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 12:22:49 PM

Picasa2 is a very good choice.
Pros:-
-Good looking interface
-Light on system resource
-Scans computer for all picture files, and monitors selected folders for
new pictures and it's automatic too, so u need not have to scan every time.
-Even novices can work on picasa, unlike adobe or Jasc softwares
-Not cluttered and is well organised.
-Comes with a good price tag, "FREE"

Cons:-
-just some basic image editing tools
-Picasa doesn't offer dedicated tools for transferring photos to
handheld devices, cell phones, and digital video recorders.
-Limited photo sharing features.
-tool to caption or for archiving missing.

http://picasa.google.com/index.html

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

!