David

I have always used Notepad+ for text files etc. Now after SP2 I don't
seem to be able to get rid of the original Winows cr*p version of
Notepad. Even changing the association .txt doesn't seem to work. I
feel sure someone knows how to do this, give a a clue please.

David

I tried getting rid of Microsoft Notepad and replace it with Notepad+.
After finding a solution via google, trying it and it failed I solved the
problem by putting Notepad+.exe on the C drive. Then I went to a random txt
file and did an Open with, browsed to Notepad+, selected Always use this
program and OK'd it.

Now Notepad+ opens all txt files and MS Notepad sits alone in the dark.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"David" <rhinds_no_spam_@cwnet.com> wrote in message
>I have always used Notepad+ for text files etc. Now after SP2 I don't
> seem to be able to get rid of the original Winows cr*p version of
> Notepad. Even changing the association .txt doesn't seem to work. I
> feel sure someone knows how to do this, give a a clue please.
>
> David

What do you mean "get rid of"? You want some other program to open with you
click a .txt file?