AMD processors catching fire

BrianJ

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2003
A while ago there was a there was a comparison of Amd and Intel processors when not using a fan or heat sink. And the AMD processors caught fire. Does anyone have links to that article or more specifically the movies?

Should be in the CPU guide at the bottom of the page.

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
i remember seeing smoke, but no fire. silicone can't catch fire and the grease should turne to smoke. well if you put gun powder or something like that on it... hmmm sounds like fun. well if you do find one that is on fire, link me.

<font color=orange><b>these days every one knows how small your penis is, and they are dying to help you with many many penis enlargement emails.

sabbath1

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2003
Look at the CPU Guide, in 2001. I think it was August or September.

Athlon XP CPU's will not start smoking if you use a mainboard that has thermal protection.

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
you look then give me the link ha ha ha

<font color=orange><b>these days every one knows how small your penis is, and they are dying to help you with many many penis enlargement emails.

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Alright. Who was the wise guy who made a thermal pad out of plastique? ;)

<font color=blue><pre>If you don't give me accurate and complete system specs
then I can't give you an accurate and complete answer.</pre><p></font color=blue>

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
plastique????!!!! yeah i want to see that. damn thats gotta be nice... you'll end up with a cpu thats in more parts than it has transistors.

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
said what? which one do i have to delete to save me work?

bdaley

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Remember, the fan just didn't fail in that "test", they took the entire heatsink off. And all it did was smoke (which was probably the grease), it didn't catch on fire.

Besides, that's history. Today in the unlikely event that the HSF comes off, most decent new MOBOs have overheat protection built into the BIOS.

"I'm a man armed with a fork in a land of soup."

Auburn9698

Champion
Is this the one?

<A HREF="http://www17.tomshardware.com/cpu/20010917/heatvideo-03.html#amd_athlon_14_ghz_thunderbird_system_crash_death_of_processor" target="_new">http://www17.tomshardware.com/cpu/20010917/heatvideo-03.html#amd_athlon_14_ghz_thunderbird_system_crash_death_of_processor</A>

Sept. 17, 2001

War Eagle<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Auburn9698 on 04/04/03 01:51 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Latest posts