Installation Problem

I'm trying to doa fresh install on my existing computer that already had XP
installed.

When I boot from the CD, there is a long process where things are loaded,
then Windows is started. DUring the start I get a blue screen with an error
SESSION3_INITIALIZAION_FAILED.

I did as suggested and disabled BIOS options, but still get the same error.

Any help?

Mark Kyprianou Wrote:
> I'm trying to doa fresh install on my existing computer that already
> had XP
> installed.
>
> When I boot from the CD, there is a long process where things are
> loaded,
> then Windows is started. DUring the start I get a blue screen with an
> error
> SESSION3_INITIALIZAION_FAILED.
>
> I did as suggested and disabled BIOS options, but still get the same
> error.
>
> Any help?

I have read a couple of web pages and most of the problem was solved by
simply using another XP cd. Try see if you can borrow a XP setup CD and
do the installation again.

--
Evolution54

Malke

Evolution54 wrote:

> Mark Kyprianou Wrote:
>> I'm trying to doa fresh install on my existing computer that already
>> had XP
>> installed.
>>
>> When I boot from the CD, there is a long process where things are
>> loaded,
>> then Windows is started. DUring the start I get a blue screen with
>> an error
>> SESSION3_INITIALIZAION_FAILED.
>>
>> I did as suggested and disabled BIOS options, but still get the same
>> error.
>>
>> Any help?
>
> I have read a couple of web pages and most of the problem was solved
> by simply using another XP cd. Try see if you can borrow a XP setup CD
> and do the installation again.

While the CD can possibly be at fault if this is a copy and not an
original retail/OEM XP cd (bad burn), it is usually a hardware issue.
Mark - make sure you are installing without any peripherals attached.
Test the hard drive and the RAM, and if you have two cd/dvd drives, try
the other one.

To test the RAM, use Memtest86+ from www.memtest.org. Obviously, you
have to get the program from a working machine. You will either
download the precompiled Windows binary to make a bootable floppy or
the .iso to make a bootable cd. If you want to use the latter, you'll
need to have third-party burning software on the machine where you
download the file - XP's built-in burning capability won't do the job.
In either case, boot with the media you made. The test will run
immediately. Let the test run for an extended period of time - unless
errors are seen immediately. If you get any errors, replace the RAM.

Test the hard drive with a diagnostic utility from the mftr. You will
download the file and make a bootable floppy or cd with it. Boot with
the media and do a thorough test. If the drive has physical errors,
replace it.

If all the hardware tests good and you are still having problems, post
back with your computer specs and the reason you felt you needed to
reinstall Windows. If you were having problems on the old installation,
those errors may be relevant to the current problem.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com