Athlon 1.4 = 700 Mhz??

sherpadog

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2001
i dont if others are suffering from this problem too but here it goes..

specs:
athlon 1.4, ECS k7vza motherboard, 512 RAM, Baracuda HD, Winddows XP

1st boot of my pc in the morning it will run very well. but if i have to restart the pc(say,i just installed a program that needs to reboot the system) it will start really very very slow. i just found why: because when i right click the my computer icon and click on the properties, windows xp reads the speed of the processor as 700 mhz only. if i rebbot again my pc, it will start again very very slow. BUT if i shutdown the computer and leave it turned off for at least 5 minutes, it will get back to its right speed again as soon as it is turned on, difinitely slow if i have just to restart it.

even if with fresh installation of windows xp will not help.still very slow. i have no firewall, no network and this machine is a standalone.

whats going on here? any cure out there? help!!

TKH

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
Wow, you got yourself a mobile processor which is using speedstep technology :)
Sorry, unable to help but just can't help myself making a joke on this... sorry again...

You never know how stupid you are until you have done something stupid enough for you to realize it.
<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=22996" target="_new">My System Rig</A>

a4amd

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2003
dont know much, but do check the FSB setting in ur BIOS....CMOS is getting cleared when restarting??? no idea pal....