!! Need a fan for Omnibook EX2 :o Help!!!

miker

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2004

I have an omnibook xe2 (yes it's old but works great) and the fan
stopped running. I'm guessing it's the case cooling fan. It's on the under
side of the notebook & has vents that come up in the center of the bottom
part right up next to the screen. HP part number F2051-60970. Sticker on
back of the fan says "Sunon" and numbers are KD0503PFB3-8 & Y9938.
Hp says they don't handle this part anymore. Anyone have any place /
contacts I can find one of these.

Thanks
miker_br549@yahoo.com

Possibly your best bet is to match up a fan by size, voltage and amperage, then
solder the wire leads to the old fan connector. Make sure that the soldering
job is taped well with electrical tape... Ben Myers

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 20:33:16 -0400, "Miker" <miker_br549@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have an omnibook xe2 (yes it's old but works great) and the fan
>stopped running. I'm guessing it's the case cooling fan. It's on the under
>side of the notebook & has vents that come up in the center of the bottom
>part right up next to the screen. HP part number F2051-60970. Sticker on
>back of the fan says "Sunon" and numbers are KD0503PFB3-8 & Y9938.
> Hp says they don't handle this part anymore. Anyone have any place /
>contacts I can find one of these.
>
>Thanks
>miker_br549@yahoo.com

TRENDING THREADS