How to automate batch files when loading XP

Hi,

I have a batch file (used to autoexec.bat in earlier Wins) that cleans
temporary folders and gets rid of a couple of files that Paradox creates.

I've tried the run command in Win.ini - any other ideas ?

--

Best regards

Ian Robinson
FOREST DATA SUPPORT Ltd
+44(0)1594 564457 (Office)
+44(0)7718 806 006 (UK Mobile)
+34 653 209 592 (Overseas Mobile)
+44(0)1594 564038 (Out of hours support)

GTS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2003

There are a number of ways, but the simplest is to put the bat file (or a
shortcut to it) in the Start folder.
--

"Ian Robinson" <ian@forestsupport.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a batch file (used to autoexec.bat in earlier Wins) that cleans
> temporary folders and gets rid of a couple of files that Paradox creates.
>
> I've tried the run command in Win.ini - any other ideas ?
>
> --
>

> Best regards
>
> Ian Robinson
> FOREST DATA SUPPORT Ltd
> +44(0)1594 564457 (Office)
> +44(0)7718 806 006 (UK Mobile)
> +34 653 209 592 (Overseas Mobile)
> +44(0)1594 564038 (Out of hours support)

Emptying temp folders from autoexec.bat was a bad idea. It interferes with
the installation of new programs which use the temp folder upon reboot. But
I think I read once that doing it from the 'Startup' folder is ok.

"GTS" <x> wrote in message news:%23VauI%23rnFHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> There are a number of ways, but the simplest is to put the bat file (or a
> shortcut to it) in the Start folder.
> --
>
> "Ian Robinson" <ian@forestsupport.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a batch file (used to autoexec.bat in earlier Wins) that cleans
>> temporary folders and gets rid of a couple of files that Paradox creates.
>>
>> I've tried the run command in Win.ini - any other ideas ?
>>
>> --
>>

>> Best regards
>>
>> Ian Robinson
>> FOREST DATA SUPPORT Ltd
>> +44(0)1594 564457 (Office)
>> +44(0)7718 806 006 (UK Mobile)
>> +34 653 209 592 (Overseas Mobile)
>> +44(0)1594 564038 (Out of hours support)

If you don't want to go the Startup folder route, you can create a new
registry key that points to the file. Run regedit.exe and make a new String
Value key under

that points to your batch file.

If you only want something to run one time you can put the key under
....CurrentVersion\RunOnce instead.

If you're not familar with editing the registry you should perform a
snapshot under System Restore so you can get back to a working copy.

Jeremy Gillow