I am able to create custom forms but they are not diplayed an any of my
programs when I try to print with them. I am trying to create one that prints
8.5 X 6.5 payroll checks. Any help some one can give me would be greatly
appreciated.

--
Michael Flowers

QuickBooks Financial Software
http://quickbooks.intuit.com/?priorityCode=1764906329

Ask Tax Mama
http://taxmama.com/AskTaxMama/256/payroll.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Michael Flowers" wrote:

| I am able to create custom forms but they are not diplayed an any of my
| programs when I try to print with them. I am trying to create one that prints
| 8.5 X 6.5 payroll checks. Any help some one can give me would be greatly
| appreciated.
|
| --
| Michael Flowers

I appreciate the suggestions but we are using Peachtree V13 already and also
printing to a panasonic KX-P3196. I need to know why XP will let you
customize a form and it not show up when you go to print with it. I am
clueless as to why this is?
--
Michael Flowers

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> QuickBooks Financial Software
> http://quickbooks.intuit.com/?priorityCode=1764906329
>
> Ask Tax Mama
> http://taxmama.com/AskTaxMama/256/payroll.html
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Michael Flowers" wrote:
>
> | I am able to create custom forms but they are not diplayed an any of my
> | programs when I try to print with them. I am trying to create one that prints
> | 8.5 X 6.5 payroll checks. Any help some one can give me would be greatly
> | appreciated.
> |
> | --
> | Michael Flowers

Please visit the Printer experts in the Printer newsgroup:

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Michael Flowers" wrote:

| I appreciate the suggestions but we are using Peachtree V13 already and also
| printing to a panasonic KX-P3196. I need to know why XP will let you
| customize a form and it not show up when you go to print with it. I am
| clueless as to why this is?
| --
| Michael Flowers
|

| "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
|
| > QuickBooks Financial Software
| > http://quickbooks.intuit.com/?priorityCode=1764906329
| >
| > Ask Tax Mama
| > http://taxmama.com/AskTaxMama/256/payroll.html
| >
| > --
| > Carey Frisch
| > Microsoft MVP
| > Windows XP - Shell/User
| > Microsoft Newsgroups
| >
| > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| >
| > "Michael Flowers" wrote:
| >
| > | I am able to create custom forms but they are not diplayed an any of my
| > | programs when I try to print with them. I am trying to create one that prints
| > | 8.5 X 6.5 payroll checks. Any help some one can give me would be greatly
| > | appreciated.
| > |
| > | --
| > | Michael Flowers

They need to be selected in the print driver preferences.

Michael Flowers wrote:

> I am able to create custom forms but they are not diplayed an any of my
> programs when I try to print with them. I am trying to create one that prints
> 8.5 X 6.5 payroll checks. Any help some one can give me would be greatly
> appreciated.

I am using a printer that will print these forms but it was in Windows 98. Do
I need a driver that supports XP if one is available. If I need to select it
under printer drive preferences how do I do this so XP will recognize the
Custom Papers size I created.
--
Michael Flowers

"Bob I" wrote:

> They need to be selected in the print driver preferences.
>
> Michael Flowers wrote:
>
> > I am able to create custom forms but they are not diplayed an any of my
> > programs when I try to print with them. I am trying to create one that prints
> > 8.5 X 6.5 payroll checks. Any help some one can give me would be greatly
> > appreciated.

The "forms" are created in XP Printer Server so as to make them
available to choose from. If you install a printer(and drivers) that is
capable of using that size form then you will be able to print on the
form size. If for instance you create a 36"x48" form and all you have is
a photo printer then that form is useless, but if you install a printer
that can handle 36" paper(inkjet plotter) then the form can be selected
and then used. XP does not know what printer you will install, only the
user can know this.

Michael Flowers wrote:

> I appreciate the suggestions but we are using Peachtree V13 already and also
> printing to a panasonic KX-P3196. I need to know why XP will let you
> customize a form and it not show up when you go to print with it. I am
> clueless as to why this is?

Paper sizes are determined by the printer driver, not by Windows XP.
You need a Win XP driver for your printer -- go to the manufacturer's web
site and obtain one. If the manufacturer does not have a Win XP driver, you
are pretty much out of luck.

steve

"Michael Flowers" <MichaelFlowers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:01D52BAA-53B6-448D-947D-BB39F876F330@microsoft.com...
>I am using a printer that will print these forms but it was in Windows 98.
>Do
> I need a driver that supports XP if one is available. If I need to select
> it
> under printer drive preferences how do I do this so XP will recognize the
> Custom Papers size I created.
> --
> Michael Flowers
>

> "Bob I" wrote:
>
>> They need to be selected in the print driver preferences.
>>
>> Michael Flowers wrote:
>>
>> > I am able to create custom forms but they are not diplayed an any of my
>> > programs when I try to print with them. I am trying to create one that
>> > prints
>> > 8.5 X 6.5 payroll checks. Any help some one can give me would be
>> > greatly
>> > appreciated.

Thank you all for your help I will try to locate an XP driver for my printer.
Thanks again
Michael Flowers
--
Michael Flowers