Sign in with
Your question

Last Thoughts On New Comp

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
April 5, 2003 12:17:29 AM

Alright well, the time has come, I have me moneys and time to do some shopping. I have been a frequent in this forum for the past few weeks and well been insulted once or twice lol left with lots of good info and well I have some closing questions.

What I have ordered so far...

Lian PC 86 Case
Vantec 470 Watt Stealth Power Supply
Asus A7N8X Deluxe
1700 TBRED B AXP (OEM)
Corsair 3200 Low Latency 512mb's
Antec Cobra Cables

Well I have found myself in a bind. I have about $290 left. Originally I planned on being able to get the Audigy 2 Platinum with a ATI Radeon 9500 PRO. Well ugh I fall short and I will only be able to grab the video card and the audigy 2 card itself. Question here is (left a post in the sound card forum as well about this) I dont know how many of you are familiar with the following butI have been wanting to wire my computer through my receiver and be able to like switch my receiver to aux and have my stereo speakers working with my comp. I was told this was possible with the Audigy2 Platinum And the Audigy Extigy. Well the Audigy 2 card itself has quite an amount of outputs on it alone and I have not been able to find much information on this subject at all. Anyone think they can help me out (Sound is to be important on my rig)

Next thing is Silvr Phoenix replied to one of my earlier posts saying something about oem power supplies cutting corners....? Silvr if u r to read this I have no clue what u were referring to... Anyway thanks for the help every1

More about : thoughts comp

April 5, 2003 12:33:48 AM

Do you plan to overclock at all? If not, corsair 3200 is prob a bit of an overkill, you could save some money and get pc2700 geil or some other perficly fine (and cheaper!) name brand memory. If you are (1700+ tb-b:)  what heatsink/fan are you geting? The onboard sound on all nForce 2 motherboards is pretty good too. otherwise, it looks pretty good!

<font color=blue>Let's see, 500 posts a day, each day, for 30 days, and I will have more posts than Crashman!</font color=blue>
April 5, 2003 1:15:54 AM

I plan to overclock as far as I can with my Vantec Aeroflow
Related resources
April 5, 2003 8:00:11 AM

I Think all soundcards can do what you need to do, even my onboard AC'97 is doing that (into a Marantz 60watt Stereo amp with speakers) atm, so I think you would be fine with the onboard sound which is apparently better than Audigy 2. This will save you some money and allow you to buy a Radeon 9700 pro instead?

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5467618 " target="_new">Almost Breaking 12k!!</A>
!