What to do .... DVD-R or DVD+R ?

Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

I've dug myself into another hole ... trying to determine whether my
Dell Inspiron 8600 CD/DVD burner can handle all possible DVD
combinations: DVD + DVD - double-sided double-layer ???

Dell manuals and google of little help, except to explain how each
differs from the other.

On 28 Apr 2005 19:06:43 -0700, "David" <davids1165@gmail.com> wrote:

>The manual online clearly states what it can do...
>http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins8500/en/8600cr/OM/D77111LRs.pdf
>
>DVD+R and DVD+RW.
>
>Dave

THANKS! It does clearly say +R and +RW but neglects to specify
which version(s) -- DVD5, DVD9, DVD10 or DVD18. Being pesimistic, I
suspect ONLY DVD5 (single-sided, single layer).

Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

What is the exact type of you're player?

"digger o'dell" <diggerodell@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
> I've dug myself into another hole ... trying to determine whether my
> Dell Inspiron 8600 CD/DVD burner can handle all possible DVD
> combinations: DVD + DVD - double-sided double-layer ???
>
> Dell manuals and google of little help, except to explain how each
> differs from the other.

Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

if you download `belarc advisor` and do a system check with it , you would
find out what CD|DVD burner you have, `cos Dell don`t make their own. You
could then gather the info you want. best wishes..J

"Johoo" <johoo123@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> What is the exact type of you're player?
>

> "digger o'dell" <diggerodell@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
>> I've dug myself into another hole ... trying to determine whether my
>> Dell Inspiron 8600 CD/DVD burner can handle all possible DVD
>> combinations: DVD + DVD - double-sided double-layer ???
>>
>> Dell manuals and google of little help, except to explain how each
>> differs from the other.

Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Nero Info Tool says my DVD drive will also write to DVD -R and -RW but
not -R DL.

I'll try it with a disc soon.

Brian