Recently noticed when go to WindowsUpdate, get message
"This website requires ActiveX.......Install when Information Bar
shows under Address Bar, blah, blah, blah" Error# is 0x800B0lll

Website then auto goes to next page to troubleshoot which have
tried to do with no success. IE settings all set to default and even
put WindowsUpdate in Trusted Zone as suggested on one of
troubleshoot links. Also followed instructions for this error# and
same error message when go back to WindowsUpdate site.

Using XP Pro SP2 with no other problems. Any ideas of what
to do next would be much appreciated.

0x800B0111?
IE Tools > Internet Options > Content > Certificates > Untrusted Publishers
(click right-arrow) > Remove all Microsoft entries > OK your way out >
Refresh Windows Update page.

Source:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/browse_frm/thread/35322875974726c8/66c94b07c1529a42?q=0x800B0111&rnum=2&hl=en#66c94b07c1529a42

1. See the "Need more help? Tell us what problem you are having" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=ph;en-us;6527

2. You cannot install some updates or programs
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822798

3a. Check Windowsupdate.log (%windir%\Windowsupdate.log) for errors
associated with the download/install.

How to read the Windowsupdate.log file:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=902093

3b. Compare errors to those listed here:
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/archive/windows_update_codes.htm and/or go to
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com > click on Help and Support link in left
pane > Solve problems on your own.

4. Windows Update Checklist:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/updtcl.htm

5. Windows Update-specific newsgroup:

Archive of Windows Update newsgroup:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

"Fizzikal" wrote:

> Recently noticed when go to WindowsUpdate, get message
> "This website requires ActiveX.......Install when Information Bar
> shows under Address Bar, blah, blah, blah" Error# is 0x800B0lll
>
> Website then auto goes to next page to troubleshoot which have
> tried to do with no success. IE settings all set to default and even
> put WindowsUpdate in Trusted Zone as suggested on one of
> troubleshoot links. Also followed instructions for this error# and
> same error message when go back to WindowsUpdate site.
>
> Using XP Pro SP2 with no other problems. Any ideas of what
> to do next would be much appreciated.

Turn off your accelerator. This worked for me. I got the info from this site

"Fizzikal" wrote:

> Recently noticed when go to WindowsUpdate, get message
> "This website requires ActiveX.......Install when Information Bar
> shows under Address Bar, blah, blah, blah" Error# is 0x800B0lll
>
> Website then auto goes to next page to troubleshoot which have
> tried to do with no success. IE settings all set to default and even
> put WindowsUpdate in Trusted Zone as suggested on one of
> troubleshoot links. Also followed instructions for this error# and
> same error message when go back to WindowsUpdate site.
>
> Using XP Pro SP2 with no other problems. Any ideas of what
> to do next would be much appreciated.

What accelerator?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)