Hi all,

my XP Sp2 is stuck in reboot loop when starting up - typically takes 2-5
tries to get it started. I started Verifier and turned automatic restart off
and got the following message on the bluescreen:

IO SYSTEM VERIFICATION ERROR in wmiinfo.sys (WDM DRIVER ERROR
231)[wmiinfo.sys+28a2 at F77218A2]

I rebooted and another blue screen appeared with a lot of messages about a
driver problem and that I should uninstall any recently installed devices etc.

My wmiinfo.sys driver is signed by gigabyte (gigabyte mobo - built the
machine myself). I have googled wmiinfo.sys but cannot find any info wbout
what this driver does.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mogens

Will it boot to safe mode?
Have you installed any new hardware or software that might have changed a
driver or settings?

--
A Professional Amatuer...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!
"Mogens" <Mogens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> my XP Sp2 is stuck in reboot loop when starting up - typically takes 2-5
> tries to get it started. I started Verifier and turned automatic restart
> off
> and got the following message on the bluescreen:
>
> IO SYSTEM VERIFICATION ERROR in wmiinfo.sys (WDM DRIVER ERROR
> 231)[wmiinfo.sys+28a2 at F77218A2]
>
> I rebooted and another blue screen appeared with a lot of messages about a
> driver problem and that I should uninstall any recently installed devices
> etc.
>
> My wmiinfo.sys driver is signed by gigabyte (gigabyte mobo - built the
> machine myself). I have googled wmiinfo.sys but cannot find any info wbout
> what this driver does.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Mogens

Mogens <Mogens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

|>My wmiinfo.sys driver is signed by gigabyte (gigabyte mobo - built the
|>machine myself). I have googled wmiinfo.sys but cannot find any info wbout
|>what this driver does.

If you right click on the wmiinfo.sys file and select properties;
sometimes you can find out a lot about a file.
--

Ten years of the internet http://tinyurl.com/7cjue

Yes - it will boot in safe mode. No recent changes to software/hardware. The
machine is only a couple of weeks old and everything was installed at once.

Any idea what the errorcode means?

best regards,
Mogens

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2005-20,GGLD:en&q=IO+SYSTEM+VERIFICATION+ERROR+in+wmiinfo%2Esys