Gaming throughout the household

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 26, 2004 7:02:57 PM

I have 2 questions: First question:

Is it legal to obtain a No-cd Patch if you legally own a
copy of the game?

Second Question:

I would like to play age of empires against people in the
same household without a network. I would like to know a
couple of soulutions besides networking.

Thanks for your time

Peter

More about : gaming household

Anonymous
a b 4 Gaming
July 27, 2004 2:16:47 AM

Hi Peter,

If you don't want to install a home network, then
each computer would have to have it's own internet
connection to connect to each other. Even then, it's
technically still a network just over a wider area. ;-)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:476901c4735c$4eeb3780$a601280a@phx.gbl...
|I have 2 questions: First question:
|
| Is it legal to obtain a No-cd Patch if you legally own a
| copy of the game?
|
| Second Question:
|
| I would like to play age of empires against people in the
| same household without a network. I would like to know a
| couple of soulutions besides networking.
|
| Thanks for your time
|
| Peter
July 27, 2004 10:20:31 AM

Shell / User
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

>Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=FH;[LN];gms
http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
>MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=sz;en-us;top
>My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I
confer any rights.

>"Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:476901c4735c$4eeb3780$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>|I have 2 questions: First question:
>|
>| Is it legal to obtain a No-cd Patch if you legally own
>| copy of the game?
>|
>| Second Question:
>|
>| I would like to play age of empires against people in
the
>| same household without a network. I would like to know
>| couple of soulutions besides networking.
>|
>| Thanks for your time
>|
>| Peter
>

>.
>Thanks for the reply Jimmy (btw great job throughout
these boards) but I only run off of dial-up any other
soultions (besides getting cable or dsl ;) )
a b 4 Gaming
July 27, 2004 3:14:26 PM

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the compliment! ;-)

The only cost effective solution I can think of would be to
network the computers. Seems like a home network will
have to be the way for you to go here.

--

> [...]
July 29, 2004 10:49:34 AM

Another easier and cheaper solution is, if your just wanting to do two
computers and they both have ethernet ports, buy a crossover cable for a
couplf of bucks and you can play that way too.

!