Gaming throughout the household

I have 2 questions: First question:

Is it legal to obtain a No-cd Patch if you legally own a
copy of the game?

Second Question:

I would like to play age of empires against people in the
same household without a network. I would like to know a
couple of soulutions besides networking.

Thanks for your time

Peter
4 answers Last reply
More about gaming household
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    Hi Peter,

    If you don't want to install a home network, then
    each computer would have to have it's own internet
    connection to connect to each other. Even then, it's
    technically still a network just over a wider area. ;-)

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:476901c4735c$4eeb3780$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    |I have 2 questions: First question:
    |
    | Is it legal to obtain a No-cd Patch if you legally own a
    | copy of the game?
    |
    | Second Question:
    |
    | I would like to play age of empires against people in the
    | same household without a network. I would like to know a
    | couple of soulutions besides networking.
    |
    | Thanks for your time
    |
    | Peter
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    Shell / User
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    >Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
    scid=FH;[LN];gms
    http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
    >MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
    scid=sz;en-us;top
    >My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I
    confer any rights.

    >"Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:476901c4735c$4eeb3780$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    >|I have 2 questions: First question:
    >|
    >| Is it legal to obtain a No-cd Patch if you legally own
    >| copy of the game?
    >|
    >| Second Question:
    >|
    >| I would like to play age of empires against people in
    the
    >| same household without a network. I would like to know
    >| couple of soulutions besides networking.
    >|
    >| Thanks for your time
    >|
    >| Peter
    >

    >.
    >Thanks for the reply Jimmy (btw great job throughout
    these boards) but I only run off of dial-up any other
    soultions (besides getting cable or dsl ;))
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    Hi Peter,

    Thanks for the compliment! ;-)

    The only cost effective solution I can think of would be to
    network the computers. Seems like a home network will
    have to be the way for you to go here.

    --

> [...]
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    Another easier and cheaper solution is, if your just wanting to do two
    computers and they both have ethernet ports, buy a crossover cable for a
    couplf of bucks and you can play that way too.

    "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have 2 questions: First question:
    >
    > Is it legal to obtain a No-cd Patch if you legally own a
    > copy of the game?
    >
    > Second Question:
    >
    > I would like to play age of empires against people in the
    > same household without a network. I would like to know a
    > couple of soulutions besides networking.
    >
    > Thanks for your time
    >
    > Peter

Gaming Video Games