Can't find MN-700 anywhere for purchase

Hey, does anyone know where I can purchase the MS
Wireless Base Stations (802.11g)? My vendors are all
suddenly out of stock, and everywhere else I look (even
from MS's site) are out of stock too!

Also, does anybody know why this is happening, or when it
will stop? I'd like to keep buying and reselling these
things, but I don't know what I'm gonna do if Microsoft
is not going to supply them for sale...

Thanks!

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Dear Jesse,

Guess you're late to the party. MS announced months ago
that its getting out of the wireless hardware business.
The MN-7xx series has been "On Sale" at major outlets
since that announcement. I'm not surprised they're out-
of-stock.

Really? Amazing. Where can I go to read up on this
development?

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Here...

http://www.newsfactor.com/story.xhtml?
story_id=24019#story-start

"Microsoft Bids Adieu to Wi-Fi Hardware

By Lisa Valentine
Wireless NewsFactor
May 12, 2004 3:54PM "

ALso, note from Microsoft's own Broadband Hardware web
page...

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/defa
ult.mspx

"As of December 2004 the Broadband Networking website
will no longer contain the product information found here
today. The site will be updated with Product Support
links and other relevant information pertaining to
customers who own a Microsoft Broadband Networking
product as indicated in the Warranty and End User License
Agreement provided with your product. (The warranty
and/or End User License Agreement can be located in
either the product manual or in the Help file installed
by the SideWinder software)."

Cs

You can still find the 802.11G (MN 820) kits from several on line discount
resellers. I purchased mine from J&R Music World\Computer World in New
York. Ordered on line. You can give them a call at 1-800-221-8180. Or go
to www.jr.com and order direct. The price for the kit should be around
$71.00 not including shipping. That's cheaper than Best Buy who had it on
sale for $80.00.

I see where Radio Shack has their Linksys line on sale but it's not the
latest. B rather than G.

"Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Here...
>
> http://www.newsfactor.com/story.xhtml?
> story_id=24019#story-start
>
> "Microsoft Bids Adieu to Wi-Fi Hardware
>
> By Lisa Valentine
> Wireless NewsFactor
> May 12, 2004 3:54PM "
>

> ALso, note from Microsoft's own Broadband Hardware web
> page...
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/defa
> ult.mspx
>
> "As of December 2004 the Broadband Networking website
> will no longer contain the product information found here
> today. The site will be updated with Product Support
> links and other relevant information pertaining to
> customers who own a Microsoft Broadband Networking
> product as indicated in the Warranty and End User License
> Agreement provided with your product. (The warranty
> and/or End User License Agreement can be located in
> either the product manual or in the Help file installed
> by the SideWinder software)."

Try www.pricewatch.com, Network Devices, By Brand and select Microsoft. You can also search for MN-700. They can be had as cheaply as $46

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Jesse" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0f4301c47b2b$0a3608a0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> Hey, does anyone know where I can purchase the MS
> Wireless Base Stations (802.11g)? My vendors are all
> suddenly out of stock, and everywhere else I look (even
> from MS's site) are out of stock too!
>
> Also, does anybody know why this is happening, or when it
> will stop? I'd like to keep buying and reselling these
> things, but I don't know what I'm gonna do if Microsoft
> is not going to supply them for sale...
>
> Thanks!

"Jesse" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey, does anyone know where I can purchase the MS
> Wireless Base Stations (802.11g)? My vendors are all
> suddenly out of stock, and everywhere else I look (even
> from MS's site) are out of stock too!

I saw a few of these at a few Meijer store recently (midwest chain) in the
video game section. They were on sale that week for $35-40? when I checked.