Need 8400 floppy kit

Does anyone out there have a Dimension 8400 and not want the floppy drive?
I have an 8400 with no floppy, yet I still find myself needing one from time
to time. If anyone wants to trade, I will give my solid floppy drive cover
and $20 cash for your floppy drive w/mounting bracket and front cover. Let
me know.

Joe

You can buy a kit from Dell.

"JRB" <bradforj@SPAMFILTER.bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone out there have a Dimension 8400 and not want the floppy drive?
> I have an 8400 with no floppy, yet I still find myself needing one from
> time to time. If anyone wants to trade, I will give my solid floppy drive
> cover and $20 cash for your floppy drive w/mounting bracket and front
> cover. Let me know.
>
> Joe

I looked on the site and only found external floppy drives for use with the
Dimension. Do you have a part number? That would really help :eek:) Thanks!

Joe

>I looked on the site and only found external floppy drives for use with the
>Dimension. Do you have a part number? That would really help :eek:) Thanks!
>
> Joe

There's no kit needed for the Dimension 8400. Simply buy a standard floppy
with a black dust flap. The 3.5" (green) drive rails are in the case
interior, and the front plastic "blanks" come out after releasing the tabs
from the inside of the bezel.

Stew

Just go to http://www.pricewatch.com/ ... They Sony/Mitsumi internal
floppy drives listed for as little as $7 .. No that is not a misprint
really for SEVEN DOLLARS!! Check it out..
http://www.dvcentury.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=DVC&Category_Code=floppy

JRB wrote:

> Does anyone out there have a Dimension 8400 and not want the floppy drive?
> I have an 8400 with no floppy, yet I still find myself needing one from time
> to time. If anyone wants to trade, I will give my solid floppy drive cover
> and $20 cash for your floppy drive w/mounting bracket and front cover. Let
> me know.

What's wrong with an external USB floppy? I bought one for my floppy
free laptop and it works fine on my Dell desktop as well.

I just wanted an internal floppy. I have found something that I like much
better though while checking out pricewatch. It is a Mitsumi FA404M black
bezel floppy drive and 7-in-1 card reader. All in one unit! Only $25
shipped. I am happy.

Also, I just ordered a SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum from buy.com for $117 after
rebate...an awesome deal considering it comes with the Audigy drive and
remote. Dell charges $70 extra during system configuration just for the
card w/o the drive and remote.

Joe

"Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@universalexports.org> wrote in message
> JRB wrote:
>
>> Does anyone out there have a Dimension 8400 and not want the floppy
>> drive? I have an 8400 with no floppy, yet I still find myself needing one
>> from time to time. If anyone wants to trade, I will give my solid floppy
>> drive cover and $20 cash for your floppy drive w/mounting bracket and
>> front cover. Let me know.
>
> What's wrong with an external USB floppy? I bought one for my floppy free
> laptop and it works fine on my Dell desktop as well.

Have you installed that floppy yet? How well does it work with the 8400
case? How did you hook up the memory card reader?

>I just wanted an internal floppy. I have found something that I like much
>better though while checking out pricewatch. It is a Mitsumi FA404M black
>bezel floppy drive and 7-in-1 card reader. All in one unit! Only $25
>shipped. I am happy.

"JRB" <bradforj@SPAMFILTER.bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>I just wanted an internal floppy. I have found something that I like much
>better though while checking out pricewatch. It is a Mitsumi FA404M black
>bezel floppy drive and 7-in-1 card reader. All in one unit! Only $25
>shipped. I am happy.
>
> Also, I just ordered a SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum from buy.com for $117 after
> rebate...an awesome deal considering it comes with the Audigy drive and
> remote. Dell charges $70 extra during system configuration just for the
> card w/o the drive and remote.
>
> Joe

That Audigy card will work with everything except the front headphone jack
under the front system I/O door. The cable won't connect to a retail card,
FYI.

Stew