Sleep or Hibernate Sony VIAO

maktucker777

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012
Hello,
I cannot get sleep or hibernate to appear on the start button, the keyboard will not activate either, close the lid does not give this as an option either?

There is no option in the bios to turn it on-

can anyone help

maktucker777

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012
Hello,
I cannot get sleep or hibernate to appear on the start button, the keyboard will not activate either, close the lid does not give this as an option either?

There is no option in the bios to turn it on-

can anyone help

maktucker777

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012

I have tried that but sleep or hibernate do not come up as options for close the lid. Only" do nothing" or "shut down"

maktucker777

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012
In addition, when you press the start key and go to shut down options, hibernate is not an option and sleep is in a light grey colour and cannot be accessed. I have tried everything in power management as well as switched it on through VAIO program. It is not an option in the BIOS

I don't believe that the sleep/hibernate option is as important as it used to be since computers today start up pretty fast and there is less than a min. difference in the time. Can't imagine needing a computer to come on in under a min. to be that important. When I'm niot using my computer I just turn it off and it turns on to the desktop in 60sec or less.

maktucker777

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012
I finally figured it out, I needed to reload the INTEL Graphics Media Accelerator, as soon as I did that the sleep option appeared, it also fixed another long term problem that I have been having with reading certificates - go figure!!
Thanks for all your help!!