Jun 16, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

IBM T23, 1.8 GHZ processor with 1 GB ram running XP pro SP2. Novell 4.91
client. Not a member of a domain. After typing my username and password I
get a black screen with a mouse cursor for a full 2 minutes, another minute
of my blank desktop, then another minute and a half to load icons.

If I press ctrl+alt+del after typing my username and password everything
loads normal.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

mak

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Do you expirience slow login if you select 'Workstation only' box in NWGINA?
If the answer is no, then you'll have better luck here: