MS Config and Safe Mode under Advance Tab

August 11, 2005 11:53:01 PM

I changed under msconfig and advance tab to bootup in Safe Mode. However,
there seems to be some sort of error and my pc will not boot in Safe Mode. I
tried to reinstall xp prof. but it won't allow setup to continue in Safe
Mode.

Is there a way to get back into MSConfig and change it back to normal bootup?

Pleae HELP!!!
--
Thanks,

Karrie, aka rangerfan25
August 12, 2005 5:08:04 AM

In news:A6B30908-EDC3-4600-8F1F-D603B8117FE5@microsoft.com,
Rangerfan25 <Rangerfan25@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I changed under msconfig and advance tab to bootup in Safe Mode.
> However, there seems to be some sort of error and my pc will not boot
> in Safe Mode. I tried to reinstall xp prof. but it won't allow setup
> to continue in Safe Mode.
>
> Is there a way to get back into MSConfig and change it back to normal
> bootup?
>
> Pleae HELP!!!

Boot to CD with the disk in the drive? Or...

NTFS4DOS:
http://www.datapol.de/dpe/freeware/

Edit the boot.ini and remove the line with /safemode in it.

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes
!