Replacing DMD Cover Plastic on AFM

The AFM that I just got, has a couple of deep gouges in the display
plastic. After removing the DMD, I found the plastic is held in place
by a number of gray, round push on washers. Is there a trick to
getting these off, or a special tool that is needed?? Also, can the
plastic be purhcased or do you just have to fabricate your own.

Any advice greatly appreciated

DG

I just cut them with a small wire cutter. Scot has replacement ones
here http://www.pinrestore.com/Hardware.html and I believe Jeff has
these available. http://www.classic-arcades.com/pinball/

He doesn't show them on his site but I'm pretty sure he made a bunch a
while back. Email him.

Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

"Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"

(Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)

llabrevlis wrote:
> The AFM that I just got, has a couple of deep gouges in the display
> plastic. After removing the DMD, I found the plastic is held in place
> by a number of gray, round push on washers. Is there a trick to
> getting these off, or a special tool that is needed?? Also, can the
> plastic be purhcased or do you just have to fabricate your own.
>
> Any advice greatly appreciated
>
> DG

pt

I just pry the washers up slightly with a knife or jewelers
screwdriver, then grab the washers with a pair of needlenose pliers and
carefully wiggle them up and off. It takes a little work, but I have
never broken a single one. Once you have them off its just a matter of
cleaning the DMD glass really good, installing the new plastic and
popping it back together. I don't understand the need for new washers
or destroying the old ones?

John

TRENDING THREADS