How do I completely rid myself of dumprep?

I hate this nuisance. Whenever there is a fault and I Ctr Alt Del, my
computer hangs up for a long time and then get a stupid message comes about
whether I want to tell Microsoft about my problem. I don't want to tell
Microsoft anything, ever. How do I disable this idiotic feature without
messing anything else up?

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:DAFA81F2-4AD4-42E6-B386-47205C8EB7C9@microsoft.com,
MAL <MAL@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I hate this nuisance. Whenever there is a fault and I Ctr Alt Del, my
> computer hangs up for a long time and then get a stupid message comes
> about whether I want to tell Microsoft about my problem. I don't
> want to tell Microsoft anything, ever. How do I disable this idiotic
> feature without messing anything else up?

Disable it... System applet from the control panel > advanced tab > error
reporting button > disable but notify me...

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes

Thanks so much.

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:DAFA81F2-4AD4-42E6-B386-47205C8EB7C9@microsoft.com,
> MAL <MAL@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> > I hate this nuisance. Whenever there is a fault and I Ctr Alt Del, my
> > computer hangs up for a long time and then get a stupid message comes
> > about whether I want to tell Microsoft about my problem. I don't
> > want to tell Microsoft anything, ever. How do I disable this idiotic
> > feature without messing anything else up?
>
> Disable it... System applet from the control panel > advanced tab > error
> reporting button > disable but notify me...
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
> without them."
>
> Sherlock Holmes

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:04B17993-6618-4ABE-BF29-7C7DF4F0C40B@microsoft.com,
MAL <MAL@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Thanks so much.
>
> "Galen" wrote:
>
>> In news:DAFA81F2-4AD4-42E6-B386-47205C8EB7C9@microsoft.com,
>> MAL <MAL@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

>>> I hate this nuisance. Whenever there is a fault and I Ctr Alt Del,
>>> my computer hangs up for a long time and then get a stupid message
>>> comes about whether I want to tell Microsoft about my problem. I
>>> don't want to tell Microsoft anything, ever. How do I disable this
>>> idiotic feature without messing anything else up?
>>
>> Disable it... System applet from the control panel > advanced tab >
>> error reporting button > disable but notify me...
>>
>> Galen
>> --
>>
>> "But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
>> without them."
>>
>> Sherlock Holmes

Not a problem.

Galen
--

"Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
its solution is its own reward."

Sherlock Holmes

=?Utf-8?B?TUFM?= <MAL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I hate this nuisance. Whenever there is a fault and I Ctr Alt Del, my
> computer hangs up for a long time and then get a stupid message comes
> about whether I want to tell Microsoft about my problem. I don't want
> to tell Microsoft anything, ever. How do I disable this idiotic
> feature without messing anything else up?

More importantly, I would want to fix whatever is crashing.