Closed

Where is the Windows XP Tour music?

August 12, 2005 1:22:01 AM

When you start the Windows XP Tour, a little song plays in the background. I
want to know how to play the song without launching the tour. People are
saying it is in C:/WINDOWS/Help/Tours/mmTour, but it is a Shockwave Flash
object, and cannot open it.

I heard someone 'ripped' the song out of the tour. Do you know where to get
it? I really like the song, it really tells consumers the way Windows XP
changes everything.
--
Microsoft Beta Tester
Member since 2005

More about : windows tour music

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 2:05:01 AM

Can someone please reply?
--
Microsoft Beta Tester
Member since 2005

"CBMaster" wrote:

> When you start the Windows XP Tour, a little song plays in the background. I
> want to know how to play the song without launching the tour. People are
> saying it is in C:/WINDOWS/Help/Tours/mmTour, but it is a Shockwave Flash
> object, and cannot open it.
>
> I heard someone 'ripped' the song out of the tour. Do you know where to get
> it? I really like the song, it really tells consumers the way Windows XP
> changes everything.
> --
> Microsoft Beta Tester
> Member since 2005
August 12, 2005 11:37:31 AM

CBMaster wrote:

> Can someone please reply?

Patience is a virtue.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images\title.wma

Where C:\ is your system drive. If you have a different system drive,
substitute that letter.

Mlake
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

That is the Welcome to Windows XP music,which is played when first booting up
Windows. I am talking about the Windows XP Tour music found on Tour Windows
XP when you finally get to see the Windows XP desktop.

--
Microsoft Beta Tester
Member since 2005

"Malke" wrote:

> CBMaster wrote:
>
> > Can someone please reply?
>
> Patience is a virtue.
>
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images\title.wma
>
> Where C:\ is your system drive. If you have a different system drive,
> substitute that letter.
>
> Mlake
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Anonymous
August 13, 2005 5:31:30 AM

Hi.

Do you mean "title.wma"? This is the song that is playing after the
installation is over and you are about to configure the Network and
usernames and so on. This is just wonderful. You can find it in
C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images, if it is that one.

Best regards,

Gunilla.

"CBMaster" <CBMaster@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Can someone please reply?
> --
> Microsoft Beta Tester
> Member since 2005
>

> "CBMaster" wrote:
>
>> When you start the Windows XP Tour, a little song plays in the
>> background. I
>> want to know how to play the song without launching the tour. People are
>> saying it is in C:/WINDOWS/Help/Tours/mmTour, but it is a Shockwave Flash
>> object, and cannot open it.
>>
>> I heard someone 'ripped' the song out of the tour. Do you know where to
>> get
>> it? I really like the song, it really tells consumers the way Windows XP
>> changes everything.
>> --
>> Microsoft Beta Tester
>> Member since 2005
August 13, 2005 5:31:31 AM

"Gunilla" <kakaomumsathotmaildotcom> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Do you mean "title.wma"? This is the song that is playing after the
> installation is over and you are about to configure the Network and
> usernames and so on. This is just wonderful. You can find it in
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images, if it is that one.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Gunilla.
>
> "CBMaster" <CBMaster@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
>> Can someone please reply?

>> "CBMaster" wrote:
>>
>>> When you start the Windows XP Tour, a little song plays in the
>>> background. I
>>> want to know how to play the song without launching the tour. People
>>> are saying it is in C:/WINDOWS/Help/Tours/mmTour, but it is a
>>> Shockwave Flash object, and cannot open it.
>>>
>>> I heard someone 'ripped' the song out of the tour. Do you know where
>>> to get
>>> it? I really like the song, it really tells consumers the way
>>> Windows XP changes everything.

No, he apparently wants the tour music and not the installation music
like I thought. Most of us have never heard it (having never taken the
Tour and seeing it as just an annoyance), but if he likes it - well
that's just fine. I have no idea how to rip music out of a Flash object
though. Besides, I'm sure it's copyrighted.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
Anonymous
August 13, 2005 5:38:33 AM

Sorry CBMaster....didn't see that you already got an answer from Malke to
whom I also say that I am sorry for jumping in with my eyes not enough open.
To bad though that it was not the one you wanted.

> That is the Welcome to Windows XP music,which is played when first booting
> up
> Windows. I am talking about the Windows XP Tour music found on Tour
> Windows
> XP when you finally get to see the Windows XP desktop.
>

> --
> Microsoft Beta Tester
> Member since 2005
>

> "Malke" wrote:
>
>> CBMaster wrote:
>>
>> > Can someone please reply?
>>
>> Patience is a virtue.
>>
>> C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images\title.wma
>>
>> Where C:\ is your system drive. If you have a different system drive,
>> substitute that letter.
>>
>> Mlake
>> --
>> Elephant Boy Computers
>> www.elephantboycomputers.com
>> "Don't Panic!"
>> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Anonymous
August 13, 2005 2:40:27 PM

"Malke" <invalid@not-real.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:o UTKli7nFHA.3316@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> "Gunilla" <kakaomumsathotmaildotcom> wrote:
<Snipped>
>> "CBMaster" <CBMaster@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
>>> Can someone please reply?

> No, he apparently wants the tour music and not the installation music
> like I thought. Most of us have never heard it (having never taken the
> Tour and seeing it as just an annoyance), but if he likes it - well
> that's just fine. I have no idea how to rip music out of a Flash object
> though. Besides, I'm sure it's copyrighted.

Yes, you are probably right about the copyright. I didn't even know there
was another song who could be worth listening to, but as I never have heard
it either I might be missing something. Well..I am going for a tour! :-))

Gunilla.

> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers