Closed

Where is the Windows XP Tour music?

When you start the Windows XP Tour, a little song plays in the background. I
want to know how to play the song without launching the tour. People are
saying it is in C:/WINDOWS/Help/Tours/mmTour, but it is a Shockwave Flash
object, and cannot open it.

I heard someone 'ripped' the song out of the tour. Do you know where to get
it? I really like the song, it really tells consumers the way Windows XP
changes everything.
--
Microsoft Beta Tester
Member since 2005

    Can someone please reply?
    --
    Microsoft Beta Tester
    Member since 2005

    CBMaster wrote:

    > Can someone please reply?

    Patience is a virtue.

    C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images\title.wma

    Where C:\ is your system drive. If you have a different system drive,
    substitute that letter.

    Mlake
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    That is the Welcome to Windows XP music,which is played when first booting up
    Windows. I am talking about the Windows XP Tour music found on Tour Windows
    XP when you finally get to see the Windows XP desktop.

    --
    Microsoft Beta Tester
    Member since 2005

    "Malke" wrote:

    > CBMaster wrote:
    >
    > > Can someone please reply?
    >
    > Patience is a virtue.
    >
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images\title.wma
    >
    > Where C:\ is your system drive. If you have a different system drive,
    > substitute that letter.
    >
    > Mlake
    > --
    > Elephant Boy Computers
    > www.elephantboycomputers.com
    > "Don't Panic!"
    > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Hi.

    Do you mean "title.wma"? This is the song that is playing after the
    installation is over and you are about to configure the Network and
    usernames and so on. This is just wonderful. You can find it in
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images, if it is that one.

    Best regards,

    Gunilla.

    "Gunilla" <kakaomumsathotmaildotcom> wrote:

    > Hi.
    >
    > Do you mean "title.wma"? This is the song that is playing after the
    > installation is over and you are about to configure the Network and
    > usernames and so on. This is just wonderful. You can find it in
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images, if it is that one.
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > Gunilla.
    >
    > "CBMaster" <CBMaster@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
    >> Can someone please reply?

    >> "CBMaster" wrote:
    >>
    >>> When you start the Windows XP Tour, a little song plays in the
    >>> background. I
    >>> want to know how to play the song without launching the tour. People
    >>> are saying it is in C:/WINDOWS/Help/Tours/mmTour, but it is a
    >>> Shockwave Flash object, and cannot open it.
    >>>
    >>> I heard someone 'ripped' the song out of the tour. Do you know where
    >>> to get
    >>> it? I really like the song, it really tells consumers the way
    >>> Windows XP changes everything.

    No, he apparently wants the tour music and not the installation music
    like I thought. Most of us have never heard it (having never taken the
    Tour and seeing it as just an annoyance), but if he likes it - well
    that's just fine. I have no idea how to rip music out of a Flash object
    though. Besides, I'm sure it's copyrighted.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    "Don't Panic!"
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Sorry CBMaster....didn't see that you already got an answer from Malke to
    whom I also say that I am sorry for jumping in with my eyes not enough open.
    To bad though that it was not the one you wanted.

    "Malke" <invalid@not-real.com> skrev i meddelandet
    > "Gunilla" <kakaomumsathotmaildotcom> wrote:
    <Snipped>
    >> "CBMaster" <CBMaster@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
    >>> Can someone please reply?

    > No, he apparently wants the tour music and not the installation music
    > like I thought. Most of us have never heard it (having never taken the
    > Tour and seeing it as just an annoyance), but if he likes it - well
    > that's just fine. I have no idea how to rip music out of a Flash object
    > though. Besides, I'm sure it's copyrighted.

    Yes, you are probably right about the copyright. I didn't even know there
    was another song who could be worth listening to, but as I never have heard
    it either I might be missing something. Well..I am going for a tour! :-))

    Gunilla.

    > Malke
    > --
    > Elephant Boy Computers
    > www.elephantboycomputers.com
    > "Don't Panic!"
    > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
  8. I think this is what you're looking for. Enjoy! =D

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U3sP-KbrGk
  9. Thread cleaned.

Music Microsoft Windows XP