Sign in with
Your question

Voice recorder advice

Last response: in Other Consumer Electronics
September 5, 2012 11:46:40 AM

My sister is in need of a voice recorder for school to help her with her disability. So we have been looking for a good voice recorder that can record the professor's voice in a classroom, then, when plugged into a computer, could successfully transmit the recorded audio into text like as a pdf or word file. Does anyone have any recommendations on something like this? Thanks

More about : voice recorder advice

September 12, 2012 5:49:47 PM

Any voice recorder + Dragon Naturally speaking.
m
l
September 12, 2012 6:47:41 PM

I was reading reviews online about Dragon, and most people said it was terrible. But how does the recorder work with Dragon? Like can i plug it into the computer and it will transmit itself into a word document, or would i have to play back the recording and do it in real time?
m
l
Related resources
September 12, 2012 7:45:13 PM

You need to play it back and use a mic to transcribe the audio into a document. This stuff is not easy to do at least not for cheap money. And will probably not work too well unless the recording is clear. The software we use where I work costs $1,000 a person to license for voice to text.

This recorder comes with Dragon in the package http://www.usa.philips.com/c/dictation/voice-tracer-spe... and so do others I'm sure. "Automatically transcribe your dictation files
Create documents three times faster than most people type"
m
l
September 12, 2012 9:01:01 PM

hang-the-9 said:
You need to play it back and use a mic to transcribe the audio into a document. This stuff is not easy to do at least not for cheap money. And will probably not work too well unless the recording is clear. The software we use where I work costs $1,000 a person to license for voice to text.

This recorder comes with Dragon in the package http://www.usa.philips.com/c/dictation/voice-tracer-spe... and so do others I'm sure. "Automatically transcribe your dictation files
Create documents three times faster than most people type"

Out of curiosity, any reason why you chose Phillips? What about Sony or any other brands?
m
l
September 13, 2012 2:08:46 PM

mknabster said:
Out of curiosity, any reason why you chose Phillips? What about Sony or any other brands?

Any of them should be fine, I posted that one as an example. Never used these myself, the only experience with voice to text I have is pretty much all with high-end medical systems.
m
l
!