Windows 7 OEM Won't Install on New Build

dukewes

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012
I just built a new PC and when i first installed windows it kept freezing during boot up so i decided to reinstall it. When I try to reinstall it, it gets past the point where it says installing updates when it restarts, and then it just gets stuck on a screen that says "setup is starting services".

Specs:
-Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 Motherboard
-AMD FX-8150 Zambezi Processor
-EVGA GTX 560 TI 2gb Video Card
-Corsair TX750M Power Supply
-Asus 24x DVD Drive
-Western Digital Blue 500gb Hard Drive

Please help

dukewes

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012

I have already done this.

You need to do two things before anything else:
a) run MEMTEST ( www.memtest.org OR www.ultimatebootcd.com )

b) flash the BIOS if there is an update (may be RAM or other compatibility fix)

c) If your motherboard can display an ERROR CODE, write that down. Memory errors are often "C1".

It sounds like a hardware issue to me. If MEMTEST shows errors, test a single stick at a time in the slot your Motherboard Manual says to use (can't use just any one).

dukewes

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012

After fiddling around with it some more I found that it was it did not and still does not like usb peripherals.

dukewes

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012

I have a wireless USB keyboard and mouse and I managed to install windows when I connected them. Windows still freezes when I have them connected so I am going to try to install all of the drivers (including the one for the keyboard and mouse) with a wired keyboard and mouse (once I get a hold of one) and I think that should work.