Question on 73 Gottlieb King Pin

I have a 73 Gottlieb King Pin. The game works great.
I have a question regarding when I first turn on the game.
I have all of my pins on a wall switch so I can turn them all off and on
together.

The King Pin lights up the backglass, but is registered as "Tilt", and the
playfield is dark. It lights up the playfield when you press the start
button and begin a game (the game plays perfect).

Is this how this game is intended to "start up" when it is powered on, or do
I need to make an adjustment so that the playfield lights up when the game
is powered up.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Craig
TZ, TAFG, King Pin, Kiss, Sally (still looking for a better backglass).

Yes, that's right. The game starts and lights up when you insert a
coin or press start. You can probably rewire or bend a contact closed
(or use alligator clips with jumpers) on the Lighting circuit/Hold
relay so that it operates the way you want.

Thanks,
I just needed confirmation that It was designed to work that way.
I like to keep it as close to original as possible.
Craig
<seymour-shabow@excite.com> wrote in message
> Yes, that's right. The game starts and lights up when you insert a
> coin or press start. You can probably rewire or bend a contact closed
> (or use alligator clips with jumpers) on the Lighting circuit/Hold
> relay so that it operates the way you want.

Craig...Mine does the same thing. Glad to know it's normal. :) John

--
FunHouse...Cyclone...Eight Ball...Solar Ride...Silverball Mania...Medieval
Madness :)
"Craig Collins" <craig.collins@sbwireless.net> wrote in message
>I have a 73 Gottlieb King Pin. The game works great.
> I have a question regarding when I first turn on the game.
> I have all of my pins on a wall switch so I can turn them all off and on
> together.
>
> The King Pin lights up the backglass, but is registered as "Tilt", and the
> playfield is dark. It lights up the playfield when you press the start
> button and begin a game (the game plays perfect).
>
> Is this how this game is intended to "start up" when it is powered on, or
> do I need to make an adjustment so that the playfield lights up when the
> game is powered up.
>
> Any insight would be appreciated.
> Craig
> TZ, TAFG, King Pin, Kiss, Sally (still looking for a better backglass).

Craig & All,

Yep, this is completely normal. Actually, most of the Gottlieb EM's
are like this (perhaps all).