getting a runtime error can anyone help

I installed a game on my pc puzzle inlay and it said i was
missing a D3D8.DLL so i installed directx 9.0 and now im
recieving a runtime error 216 at 004040BA I have searched
the data library for this error but it had no results to
my search. If anyone else has had this error and can
direct me on how to fix it I would appreciate
it ....thanks Patty

"Patty" <o1hpygrl@aol.com> wrote in message news:5ea501c474ca$f42e7e40$a401280a@phx.gbl...
|I installed a game on my pc puzzle inlay and it said i was
| missing a D3D8.DLL so i installed directx 9.0 and now im
| recieving a runtime error 216 at 004040BA I have searched
| the data library for this error but it had no results to
| my search. If anyone else has had this error and can
| direct me on how to fix it I would appreciate
| it ....thanks Patty

Hi Patty,

I hope it's not a Trojan as this article suggests:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=259279

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms