DMZ doesn't seem to be working for Netmeeting

After trying almost everything with port forwarding. I
tried using the DMZ to use Netmeeting but I get the same
problem: I can send Audio and Video but cannot receive
any.

Any help with this?

Rafa

I found the answer through some authoritative source:

Netmeeting (H.323) requires an ALG which is not
implemented in the MN-700. It supports SIP, which is the
protocol used by MSN Messenger, but not H.323. Sorry, but
there is no way to make this work.

So if you have this problem don't even bother!

Rafa Ballesteros wrote:
> I found the answer through some authoritative source:
>
> Netmeeting (H.323) requires an ALG which is not
> implemented in the MN-700. It supports SIP, which is the
> protocol used by MSN Messenger, but not H.323. Sorry, but
> there is no way to make this work.

This is simply not true -- use of the dmz will allow two way audio/video in
NetMeeting calls.

> So if you have this problem don't even bother!

If the dmz is correctly configured and port forwarding of NetMeeting related
ports is turned off you should get two way audio/video in NetMeeting calls.
A local firewall should be installed on the dmz machine ( and may require
configuring for NetMeeting use).

--
Brian Sullivan
Meeting by Wire ( http://www.meetingbywire.com)