windows installer error 1706

August 12, 2005 5:07:18 AM

windows installer comes up...I didnt install nothing ..I cant close it
says scanning and it gives me error 1706 wants me to put disc in..thnks
dont want to format but it is stuck on screen :(  :(

--
aussie
August 12, 2005 11:34:32 AM

aussie wrote:

> windows installer comes up...I didnt install nothing ..I cant close it
> says scanning and it gives me error 1706 wants me to put disc
> in..thnks
> dont want to format but it is stuck on screen :(  :(

What disk does the Installer ask for?

In the meantime, you could try MVP Kelly Theriot's fix:

Windows Installer Fix (Line 94)

There is also this MS Knowledge Base article:
Clean Up MSI (Windows Installer) -
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

Malke
--