I have done the following:

Go to control panel, folder options. Click on the File Types tab.
Scroll to the file extensions you want to change and click change.
Select the program you want.

But it will not let me apply it as the apply button is grayed out.

Anyone with a suggestion?

Tks,
Jeff

Perhaps the system is trying to protect itself?
Try Advanced instead of Change, in case you really don't want to
change the application folders open with.

What is it you are trying to do?

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems