Windows XP Pro freeze up after installation of latest Upda..

The computer worked fine until I installed the latest updates 10. august
2005. The updates are:
KB890830, KB894391, KB896423, KB899587, KB899591, KB893756, KB899588, KB896727
The computer had never freeze up before this installation. Keyboard and
mouse freeze up as well. I can only hard-reset the computer. The computer
freezes several times a day. I have even experienced the computer freeze up
after a while in the log-on screen.
I have all the newest service packs etc. What can I do to fix the problem?
I see nothing unusual in the event viewer.

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

GertE wrote:

> The computer worked fine until I installed the latest updates 10. august
> 2005. The updates are:
> KB890830, KB894391, KB896423, KB899587, KB899591, KB893756, KB899588, KB896727
> The computer had never freeze up before this installation. Keyboard and
> mouse freeze up as well. I can only hard-reset the computer. The computer
> freezes several times a day. I have even experienced the computer freeze up
> after a while in the log-on screen.
> I have all the newest service packs etc. What can I do to fix the problem?
> I see nothing unusual in the event viewer.

Remove the updates from Add/Remove programs or use system restore to go
back to right before you installed them. Then install them one at a
time testing to see which one is the problem.

Another option is to uninstall/update/reinstall the video card drivers.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

After I have un-installed the Microsoft august 2005 updates the PC works
alright again. Now I will then install every single update one at a time to
see which one caused the freeze-up behaveour.

Many regards.

"Rock" wrote:

> GertE wrote:
>
> > The computer worked fine until I installed the latest updates 10. august
> > 2005. The updates are:
> > KB890830, KB894391, KB896423, KB899587, KB899591, KB893756, KB899588, KB896727
> > The computer had never freeze up before this installation. Keyboard and
> > mouse freeze up as well. I can only hard-reset the computer. The computer
> > freezes several times a day. I have even experienced the computer freeze up
> > after a while in the log-on screen.
> > I have all the newest service packs etc. What can I do to fix the problem?
> > I see nothing unusual in the event viewer.
> >

> Remove the updates from Add/Remove programs or use system restore to go
> back to right before you installed them. Then install them one at a
> time testing to see which one is the problem.
>
> Another option is to uninstall/update/reinstall the video card drivers.
>
> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

GertE wrote:

> After I have un-installed the Microsoft august 2005 updates the PC works
> alright again. Now I will then install every single update one at a time to
> see which one caused the freeze-up behaveour.
>
> Many regards.
>
> "Rock" wrote:
>

>>GertE wrote:
>>

>>>The computer worked fine until I installed the latest updates 10. august
>>>2005. The updates are:
>>>KB890830, KB894391, KB896423, KB899587, KB899591, KB893756, KB899588, KB896727
>>>The computer had never freeze up before this installation. Keyboard and
>>>mouse freeze up as well. I can only hard-reset the computer. The computer
>>>freezes several times a day. I have even experienced the computer freeze up
>>>after a while in the log-on screen.
>>>I have all the newest service packs etc. What can I do to fix the problem?
>>>I see nothing unusual in the event viewer.
>>>

>>Remove the updates from Add/Remove programs or use system restore to go
>>back to right before you installed them. Then install them one at a
>>time testing to see which one is the problem.
>>
>>Another option is to uninstall/update/reinstall the video card drivers.
>>
>>--
>>Rock
>>MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Great GertE, glad it's working now.