how install windows update?

I just wanted install Windows update(though I have it seems automaticallu
updates feature enabled)
Tha is all I want. I tried do this via Start- Windows updates, but it
direct me to completely wrong way for me: site offer me install some tool
called "Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130) 443 KB , less
than 1 minute", etc

But I DONT WANT INSTALL this tooll due it absolutely NOT NECESSARY for me. I
have genuine Windows software and all I want is get update. Not the install
ANY ADITIONAL "Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tools "

The "Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tools " cause PC crash almost in
99,99%

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:ejeVDgynFHA.1968@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Antares <antares@antares.com> had this to say:

> I just wanted install Windows update(though I have it seems
> automaticallu updates feature enabled)
> Tha is all I want. I tried do this via Start- Windows updates, but it
> direct me to completely wrong way for me: site offer me install some
> tool called "Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130) 443
> KB , less than 1 minute", etc
>
> But I DONT WANT INSTALL this tooll due it absolutely NOT NECESSARY
> for me. I have genuine Windows software and all I want is get update.
> Not the install ANY ADITIONAL "Windows Genuine Advantage Validation
> Tools "
>
> The "Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tools " cause PC crash
> almost in 99,99%

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/faq.aspx?familyId=E0FC1154-C975-4814-9649-CCE41AF06EB7&displayLang=en

That should answer all of your questions. If you want to download anything
more than security updates you will need to validate.

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes

Just for your information: From now on, you "must" go thru the Windows
Genuine Advantage Validation in order to get any updates from WindowsUpdate
web site. MS is doing this in order to "try" to curb the number of
"pirated" copies of XP that can be updated. I am not sure that this is good
since there is a high number of failures with "valid licensed" versions and
the WGA has already been defeated (cracked).

"Antares" <antares@antares.com> wrote in message
>I just wanted install Windows update(though I have it seems automaticallu
>updates feature enabled)
> Tha is all I want. I tried do this via Start- Windows updates, but it
> direct me to completely wrong way for me: site offer me install some tool
> called "Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130) 443 KB , less
> than 1 minute", etc
>
> But I DONT WANT INSTALL this tooll due it absolutely NOT NECESSARY for me.
> I have genuine Windows software and all I want is get update. Not the
> install ANY ADITIONAL "Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tools "
>

> The "Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tools " cause PC crash almost in
> 99,99%

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

If you know the kb numbers of the updates you need then you can download
them from here

http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/default.asp

Jon

"Jon" <Email_Address@SomewhereOrOther.com> wrote in message
> If you know the kb numbers of the updates you need then you can download
> them from here
>
> http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/default.asp
>
> Jon
>

> "Antares" <antares@antares.com> wrote in message
>>I just wanted install Windows update(though I have it seems automaticallu
>>updates feature enabled)
>> Tha is all I want. I tried do this via Start- Windows updates, but it
>> direct me to completely wrong way for me: site offer me install some tool
>> called "Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130) 443 KB ,
>> less than 1 minute", etc
>>
>> But I DONT WANT INSTALL this tooll due it absolutely NOT NECESSARY for
>> me. I have genuine Windows software and all I want is get update. Not the
>> install ANY ADITIONAL "Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tools "

Thanks. I find the solution, pretty simple: System > Automated Updates > I'v
set time required.
It works now.