HP Compaq DX2200MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilo two nine

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Hey, I am about to buy a Hp compaq dx2200mt with a P4 3.06 mhz cpu, a ati radeon 2400 video card including, and windows vista, with 1 gig of ram, 80 gig HDD, now my computer is a dell optiplex gx520 desktop tower, cpu P4 ht 2.8 ghz,1gig of ram,80 gig hdd, and intergraded graphics, now i am wondering if this is a decent computer for a good price, i've looked up the GPU and it's better than the intergraded GPU i've got, and mine can run world of warcraft, im wondering about this computer and its components, will it run games? and is it a fast comuter?
thanks need a answer really soon, thanks again.

kilo two nine

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
the one that i am looking at is one gigabyte of ram. but all the other specs are the same.
if the GPU cannot run games like world of warcraft and the new star wars MMO, thats fine i have a 8800 GTS brand new. and i know that will run it, heck, if my aunt can run world of warcraft on a laptop that has a ATI mobility GOx300 or somthing like that, with only 64 megabytes, why couldnt a 8800 do the job? i dont need to play games on medium settings or high, lowest is fine with me i am humble. but yeah the computer is a hp and probley is low end but it does have a nice CPU, i running a P4 HT at 2.8 ghz and its very fast, very little lag what so ever :)
thanks for the input i may take your advice, and i might go with a dell optiplex gx280 mini tower or gx620 mini tower. I know those arn't every day computers, but heck mine isnt even a gaming rig or everyday computing rig, but it gets the job done :)

Status
Not open for further replies.