Sign in with
Your question

Looking for a good gaming monitor

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
January 28, 2010 12:35:50 AM

Hey Everyone,

I have read thousands of reviews and still don't have a clue. I do know that i want a 24 to 27 inch with 2ms response time. Price isn't that big of a deal but any where from 200 to 500 is what i saw in prices. What suggestions do you have?

More about : good gaming monitor

Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
January 28, 2010 8:58:25 PM

Yea this is the endless search for a TN panel that contrast and color doesn't suck.

I bought an Asus model, and maybe I got a lemon, but the color was horrible. I would say anything above 90° white completely washed out, so for gaming, when I was trying to shooting something in fog I couldn't see anything. I tried adjusting colors and calibrating for days.. Had to return it.

I am no expert, but that new Asus model shows 50:000 - 1 contrast ratio which may have improved the darks and lights - I don't know.

Me personally? I am waiting for the Samsung P2770H (not to be confused with the P2770HD which is available), to check it out. Not sure if they have made it to the USA yet, and there are no reviews on the web that I have found. This model boasts a 70,000:1 contrast ratio. The 2770HD has a 50,000:1.

Like I said the Asus I got may have been a lemon, but the color was horrid. Now I am using a 3+ year old viewsonic LCD with a much, much better picture. I'm holding out as long as I can and hoping the next gen TN's have better color and lights and darks.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
January 28, 2010 8:59:15 PM

PS. The P2770H can be seen on the Samsung website, so I do believe it exists :p 
m
l
!