Sign in with
Your question

Ipod and Iphone not recognised by My Computer.

Last response: in Other Consumer Electronics
September 14, 2012 3:52:41 PM

Hi there,

Right I've got a tough one or you.. I'm completely out of ideas.

My mum and dad have just bought themselves a new computer for their office with Windows 7 64 bit installed. It works fine and exactly what they nedfo invoices etc.

My mum has always wanted an ipod, so we bought her an iPod classc 6th generation 80gb and were going to show her how to use it. only to find the computer does not recognise the ipod. It doesn't show up my computer or itunes or is disc management but it charges and is shown in device manager...

So I tried everything the apple website told me to do and even spent an hour on the phone with them only for them to tell me it was a unique case. They finished by sending me a link to their website where I had began. The next thing I thouht well it must be a broken ipod.

So I went and tried it in my personal computer in my room, plugged it in and it recognised it immediately! iTunes opened allowed me to restore the ipod and sync it and even name it so the ipod is in full working condition and works in every other computer but my parents one. I then tried my iphone 4s in my parents computer as well and it didnt even recognise that!

I have tried unplugging every other usb device exept the ipod, tried it in other usb ports, reset and restored the ipod, reset the apple mobile device in device manager, turned off firmware and antivirus and every other supposable solution on the apple website...

Why would it work on every other computer and not this one?? Even the guy at the pc repair shop was stummped!

If anyone could help I would be more than grateful! Thankyou for your time,

Chris

Windows 7 64bit
Intel Celeron CPU G530 @ 2.40GHz
4Gb RAM
September 15, 2012 5:24:07 AM

Hello Community,

In most cases, iPods are not recognized because of communication errors.

1. Close all programs that are likely to connect to your iPod.
2. Make sure your iPod is turned on and well charged.
3. Connect your iPod directly to your PC and not through a USB Hub.
4. Use a different USB port on the PC. For desktops with USB connectors on the front and on the back, try with one of the back connectors.
5. If possible, try using a different USB cable.

Best regards
Steven Dilley :) 

http://www.vemcall.com/
October 1, 2013 12:21:15 AM

I guess, the problem is in your pc and not with the gadgets. Or maybe, something is not compatible between your pc/laptop and the other gadgets.
!