Very Urgent! Need help with Services.

Tags:
  • Windows XP
August 12, 2005 8:28:03 AM

My friend needs a little bit of help with his computer. It's been acting up
lately and amongst him and his friends, I am the most skilled with computers.
So i decided to help him using Remote Assistance. At first, when he clicked
remote assistance, it wouldnt work. I later identified this problem and went
to System Properties and checked the box to make it work.
We then ran into a second problem. When he attempted Remote Assistance
again, it did not work. Later i again fixed the problem by telling him to
first download the latest Windows Messenger.
And now a third problem. Remote assistance seemed to be working fine, but it
would never be able to connect. I again identified this problem. When i
checked in msconfig, he didnt have the service "Help and Support."
I identified the problem, but now i don't know how to fix it.
I do not know how to add the service: Help and Support. What am i supposed
to do?

More about : urgent services

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 11:16:33 AM

Help and Support depends on the Remote Procedure Call (Not to be confused
with Remote Procedure Call Locator) in order to function, so make sure that
it's started in services, and set to automatic.

"EvilTarzan" <EvilTarzan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My friend needs a little bit of help with his computer. It's been acting
> up
> lately and amongst him and his friends, I am the most skilled with
> computers.
> So i decided to help him using Remote Assistance. At first, when he
> clicked
> remote assistance, it wouldnt work. I later identified this problem and
> went
> to System Properties and checked the box to make it work.
> We then ran into a second problem. When he attempted Remote Assistance
> again, it did not work. Later i again fixed the problem by telling him to
> first download the latest Windows Messenger.
> And now a third problem. Remote assistance seemed to be working fine, but
> it
> would never be able to connect. I again identified this problem. When i
> checked in msconfig, he didnt have the service "Help and Support."
> I identified the problem, but now i don't know how to fix it.
> I do not know how to add the service: Help and Support. What am i supposed
> to do?
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 11:35:02 AM

Start\Run\services.mcs

--
Peter

"EvilTarzan" <EvilTarzan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35EA04FC-68F7-41DC-9CFA-AA7D3ED9A1B2@microsoft.com...
> My friend needs a little bit of help with his computer. It's been acting up
> lately and amongst him and his friends, I am the most skilled with computers.
> So i decided to help him using Remote Assistance. At first, when he clicked
> remote assistance, it wouldnt work. I later identified this problem and went
> to System Properties and checked the box to make it work.
> We then ran into a second problem. When he attempted Remote Assistance
> again, it did not work. Later i again fixed the problem by telling him to
> first download the latest Windows Messenger.
> And now a third problem. Remote assistance seemed to be working fine, but it
> would never be able to connect. I again identified this problem. When i
> checked in msconfig, he didnt have the service "Help and Support."
> I identified the problem, but now i don't know how to fix it.
> I do not know how to add the service: Help and Support. What am i supposed
> to do?
August 12, 2005 11:45:01 AM

..Msc
Right Click "Help and Support" in the table. Left Click Properties,
then in Startup Type box toggle setting to Automatic. If Service
Status is not "Started", click the Start button. Finally Click Apply
& OK

Start\Run\services.mcs

--
Peter

"EvilTarzan" <EvilTarzan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My friend needs a little bit of help with his computer. It's been acting
> up
> lately and amongst him and his friends, I am the most skilled with
> computers.
> So i decided to help him using Remote Assistance. At first, when he
> clicked
> remote assistance, it wouldnt work. I later identified this problem and
> went
> to System Properties and checked the box to make it work.
> We then ran into a second problem. When he attempted Remote Assistance
> again, it did not work. Later i again fixed the problem by telling him to
> first download the latest Windows Messenger.
> And now a third problem. Remote assistance seemed to be working fine, but
> it
> would never be able to connect. I again identified this problem. When i
> checked in msconfig, he didnt have the service "Help and Support."
> I identified the problem, but now i don't know how to fix it.
> I do not know how to add the service: Help and Support. What am i supposed
> to do?
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 1:09:29 PM

I re-read your post and it seems that Help & Support is not listed in your
services. If that's the case, click this link to see if there is a fix for
you,
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/top10faqs2.htm

"lvee" <notmesothere@msn.com> wrote in message
> Help and Support depends on the Remote Procedure Call (Not to be confused
> with Remote Procedure Call Locator) in order to function, so make sure
> that it's started in services, and set to automatic.
>
> "EvilTarzan" <EvilTarzan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> My friend needs a little bit of help with his computer. It's been acting
>> up
>> lately and amongst him and his friends, I am the most skilled with
>> computers.
>> So i decided to help him using Remote Assistance. At first, when he
>> clicked
>> remote assistance, it wouldnt work. I later identified this problem and
>> went
>> to System Properties and checked the box to make it work.
>> We then ran into a second problem. When he attempted Remote Assistance
>> again, it did not work. Later i again fixed the problem by telling him to
>> first download the latest Windows Messenger.
>> And now a third problem. Remote assistance seemed to be working fine, but
>> it
>> would never be able to connect. I again identified this problem. When i
>> checked in msconfig, he didnt have the service "Help and Support."
>> I identified the problem, but now i don't know how to fix it.
>> I do not know how to add the service: Help and Support. What am i
>> supposed
>> to do?

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 1:57:33 PM

Typo.

--
Peter

"R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:%23f4VGNznFHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> .Msc
> Right Click "Help and Support" in the table. Left Click Properties,
> then in Startup Type box toggle setting to Automatic. If Service
> Status is not "Started", click the Start button. Finally Click Apply
> & OK
>
> "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Start\Run\services.mcs
>
> --
> Peter

> "EvilTarzan" <EvilTarzan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> My friend needs a little bit of help with his computer. It's been acting
>> up
>> lately and amongst him and his friends, I am the most skilled with
>> computers.
>> So i decided to help him using Remote Assistance. At first, when he
>> clicked
>> remote assistance, it wouldnt work. I later identified this problem and
>> went
>> to System Properties and checked the box to make it work.
>> We then ran into a second problem. When he attempted Remote Assistance
>> again, it did not work. Later i again fixed the problem by telling him to
>> first download the latest Windows Messenger.
>> And now a third problem. Remote assistance seemed to be working fine, but
>> it
>> would never be able to connect. I again identified this problem. When i
>> checked in msconfig, he didnt have the service "Help and Support."
>> I identified the problem, but now i don't know how to fix it.
>> I do not know how to add the service: Help and Support. What am i supposed
>> to do?

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 8:17:15 PM

EvilTarzan Wrote:

IS H&S listed under ALL PROGRAMS from his start menu.
If not he needs to get that first,(disk or micro).
IF he has H&S listed try 'services.msc' from the RUN command.IF there
right click, click PROPERTIES,change STARTUP TYPE to MANUAL, APPLY,OK.
IF these do not help u might look at
this:http://web.archive.org/web/20041123023608/www.blackvipe...

--
rvrw2c" target="_blank">http://web.archive.org/web/20041123023608/www.blackvipe...