Message box in paint [???? untitled ??? ]instead of text

I am getting squares in the save as box of Paint instead of text. I think
its started arround sp2 time. Its not exactly crittical but I dont like
something not quite working.

I'm assuming I have lost or corrupted a file somewhere ( registry??) Can any
one identify the problem and point me in the direction of a replacement file
or other solution??

TIA

Rename the MFC42LOC.DLL file present in the System32 folder. This KB was
written for Windows 98/ME. It applies to Windows XP (*System32* folder)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q249592/

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

> Rename the MFC42LOC.DLL file present in the System32 folder. This KB was

Brilliant. Thanks for that. I had already searched in the KB but obviously
hadnt put in the right query.

:eek:)

You're welcome.

>> I had already searched in the KB but obviously
hadnt put in the right query.

The same happened to me long back. Since then I saved the info in my Notes
folder.