Japanese Microsoft Wireless Desktop, US Windows XP

I just bought a Japanese Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop {Comfort
Edition}. Many of the functions of the keys and the layout of characters is
a little different than US keyboards. I bought it to utilize these
functions, but the installation disk automatically installs the US drivers or
something.

At any rate, I can't utilize the Japanese layout.
My guess is, I need to install the Japanese drivers.
Any thoughts on this?
Anyone know the name of the Japanese driver file for this bad boy? It's a
great keyoboard/mouse combo!

PS:
OS: US Version of Win XP Home Edition, SP2
Keyboard: Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Comfort Edition
Software: Wireless Optical Desktop 3.0
Language Bar is running and IME is also installed ;)

Hello,

The following article might help you out:

Modify Text Services and Input Languages
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/tips/leidenfrost1.mspx

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"cooler than thou" <honk@thedonkey.cum> wrote in message
>I just bought a Japanese Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop {Comfort
> Edition}. Many of the functions of the keys and the layout of characters is
> a little different than US keyboards. I bought it to utilize these
> functions, but the installation disk automatically installs the US drivers or
> something.
>
> At any rate, I can't utilize the Japanese layout.
> My guess is, I need to install the Japanese drivers.
> Any thoughts on this?
> Anyone know the name of the Japanese driver file for this bad boy? It's a
> great keyoboard/mouse combo!

> PS:
> OS: US Version of Win XP Home Edition, SP2
> Keyboard: Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Comfort Edition
> Software: Wireless Optical Desktop 3.0
> Language Bar is running and IME is also installed ;)

Thank you, but that merely tells me how to install the language bar and some
very, very basic text services functions. But I already have the language
bar running.

so... is there anyway to get the name of the file that installs the
Japanese driver for this keyboard.

"Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The following article might help you out:
>
> Modify Text Services and Input Languages
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/tips/leidenfrost1.mspx
>
> --
>
> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://www.mvps.org
>

> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "cooler than thou" <honk@thedonkey.cum> wrote in message
> >I just bought a Japanese Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop {Comfort
> > Edition}. Many of the functions of the keys and the layout of characters is
> > a little different than US keyboards. I bought it to utilize these
> > functions, but the installation disk automatically installs the US drivers or
> > something.
> >
> > At any rate, I can't utilize the Japanese layout.
> > My guess is, I need to install the Japanese drivers.
> > Any thoughts on this?
> > Anyone know the name of the Japanese driver file for this bad boy? It's a
> > great keyoboard/mouse combo!

> > PS:
> > OS: US Version of Win XP Home Edition, SP2
> > Keyboard: Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Comfort Edition
> > Software: Wireless Optical Desktop 3.0
> > Language Bar is running and IME is also installed ;)

I wouldnt think that there is a japanese specific driver for the keyboard but you will have to
install the IME and the input language as outlined in step no. 3 of the article I pointed you to.
After that you can switch back and forth to japanese and your default language keyboard layout.

--

> Thank you, but that merely tells me how to install the language bar and some
> very, very basic text services functions. But I already have the language
> bar running.
>
> so... is there anyway to get the name of the file that installs the
> Japanese driver for this keyboard.

> "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> The following article might help you out:
>>
>> Modify Text Services and Input Languages
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/tips/leidenfrost1.mspx
>>
>> --
>>
>> Anando
>> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
>> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>> http://www.mvps.org
>>

>> Folder customizations
>> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>>
>> Protect your PC!
>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>

>> "cooler than thou" <honk@thedonkey.cum> wrote in message
>> >I just bought a Japanese Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop {Comfort
>> > Edition}. Many of the functions of the keys and the layout of characters is
>> > a little different than US keyboards. I bought it to utilize these
>> > functions, but the installation disk automatically installs the US drivers or
>> > something.
>> >
>> > At any rate, I can't utilize the Japanese layout.
>> > My guess is, I need to install the Japanese drivers.
>> > Any thoughts on this?
>> > Anyone know the name of the Japanese driver file for this bad boy? It's a
>> > great keyoboard/mouse combo!

>> > PS:
>> > OS: US Version of Win XP Home Edition, SP2
>> > Keyboard: Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Comfort Edition
>> > Software: Wireless Optical Desktop 3.0
>> > Language Bar is running and IME is also installed ;)

So。。。。 in my original message I stated that IME was already installed. It
was installed with no problem and worked fine with my old Microsoft Keyboard.
But this new one has a Japanese layout different from the American
keyboards.

Since Microsoft won't support their hardware in English when sold in another
market I have nowhere else to turn than this forum....

does anybody have a clue how to do this?