TECH: Control Source for Modification to Pin (Off in attra..

Hi all,

Just wondering if someone can help me out, I am working on a Enhancement
for my HSII which someone has already conceived however I want to make some
changes to the way it works.

The Enhancement is the adding of a real traffic light to the pin to work
with the one inside the game, I have the schematic from the designer on how
to control it however his design has it working in attract mode which I
don't want.

What I would like to know is can someone tell me of a point in a WPC-95
where I can get a signal from to drive a Optocoupler (MOC3010) to in turn
drive a Triac to switch the Enhancement Off during Attract Mode and On
during Play Mode, I am sure there is a part of the Machine that powers down
in Attract but I have been going over and over my Schematics and cant seem
to find anything and I don't really want to start probing around my boards
because I really don't know where to begin looking.

If anyone has some ideas I would like to hear them, thanks in advance.

Kevin

Sojourner353 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just wondering if someone can help me out, I am working on a Enhancement
> for my HSII which someone has already conceived however I want to make some
> changes to the way it works.
>
> The Enhancement is the adding of a real traffic light to the pin to work
> with the one inside the game, I have the schematic from the designer on how
> to control it however his design has it working in attract mode which I
> don't want.
>
> What I would like to know is can someone tell me of a point in a WPC-95
> where I can get a signal from to drive a Optocoupler (MOC3010) to in turn
> drive a Triac to switch the Enhancement Off during Attract Mode and On
> during Play Mode, I am sure there is a part of the Machine that powers down
> in Attract but I have been going over and over my Schematics and cant seem
> to find anything and I don't really want to start probing around my boards
> because I really don't know where to begin looking.
>
> If anyone has some ideas I would like to hear them, thanks in advance.
>
> Kevin

Hi Kevin.

You can use the flipper relay enable signal on the power driver board as
the replay is only enabled during game-play. The signal is designated
'T7' and leaves the board at J111 pin 3. Since is is a TTL level signal,
put a small gate or small signal transistor between T7 and the optocoupler.

Clive
---
Board repairs, EPROMs, servicing...

The Coin-Op Cauldron
405 Wild Wing Way
Easley, SC 29642
(864)238-1707
http://www.coinopcauldron.com

pt

That's a tough one. I was thinking maybe you could hook it to the GI
circuit with a comparator to sense the GI powersaver. That would
unfortunately turn it off during the game too if the GI is ever dimmed.

(is HS2 WPC-95?)

John

You might try contacting Joel at the Pinball Lizard:

http://www.pbliz.com/id20.htm

He did this very mod quite some time ago. Also
designed a board, but it wasn't offered for sale.

--
Fred
TX

"Sojourner353" <sojourner@dodo.com.au> wrote in message news:42bf1c57$1@news.comindico.com.au...
> Hi all,
>
> Just wondering if someone can help me out, I am working on a Enhancement
> for my HSII which someone has already conceived however I want to make some
> changes to the way it works.
>
> The Enhancement is the adding of a real traffic light to the pin to work
> with the one inside the game, I have the schematic from the designer on how
> to control it however his design has it working in attract mode which I
> don't want.
>
> What I would like to know is can someone tell me of a point in a WPC-95
> where I can get a signal from to drive a Optocoupler (MOC3010) to in turn
> drive a Triac to switch the Enhancement Off during Attract Mode and On
> during Play Mode, I am sure there is a part of the Machine that powers down
> in Attract but I have been going over and over my Schematics and cant seem
> to find anything and I don't really want to start probing around my boards
> because I really don't know where to begin looking.
>
> If anyone has some ideas I would like to hear them, thanks in advance.
>
> Kevin

No, it's WPC-89

--
http://www.myhomegameroom.com

"PT" <zeecarr1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> That's a tough one. I was thinking maybe you could hook it to the GI
> circuit with a comparator to sense the GI powersaver. That would
> unfortunately turn it off during the game too if the GI is ever dimmed.
>
> (is HS2 WPC-95?)
>
> John

My mistake sorry, WPC not WPC-95

"PT" <zeecarr1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> That's a tough one. I was thinking maybe you could hook it to the GI
> circuit with a comparator to sense the GI powersaver. That would
> unfortunately turn it off during the game too if the GI is ever dimmed.
>
> (is HS2 WPC-95?)
>
> John

Would I not be able to drive a Triac directly using this source for
control.

Sojourner353 wrote:
> Would I not be able to drive a Triac directly using this source for
> control.

No. I would suggest refering the control signal information back the
original designer of your triac circuit and have them make a suitable
interface (with some added protection for the driver board logic).

Clive

> "Coin-Op Cauldron (Clive)" <Clivejonesen@netscape.net> wrote in message
>
>>Sojourner353 wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Just wondering if someone can help me out, I am working on a
>>>Enhancement for my HSII which someone has already conceived however I
>>>want to make some changes to the way it works.
>>>
>>> The Enhancement is the adding of a real traffic light to the pin to
>>>work with the one inside the game, I have the schematic from the designer
>>>on how to control it however his design has it working in attract mode
>>>which I don't want.
>>>
>>> What I would like to know is can someone tell me of a point in a
>>>WPC-95 where I can get a signal from to drive a Optocoupler (MOC3010) to
>>>in turn drive a Triac to switch the Enhancement Off during Attract Mode
>>>and On during Play Mode, I am sure there is a part of the Machine that
>>>powers down in Attract but I have been going over and over my Schematics
>>>and cant seem to find anything and I don't really want to start probing
>>>around my boards because I really don't know where to begin looking.
>>>
>>> If anyone has some ideas I would like to hear them, thanks in
>>>advance.
>>>
>>> Kevin
>>
>>Hi Kevin.
>>
>>You can use the flipper relay enable signal on the power driver board as
>>the replay is only enabled during game-play. The signal is designated 'T7'
>>and leaves the board at J111 pin 3. Since is is a TTL level signal, put a
>>small gate or small signal transistor between T7 and the optocoupler.
>>
>>Clive
>>---
>>Board repairs, EPROMs, servicing...
>>
>> The Coin-Op Cauldron
>> 405 Wild Wing Way
>> Easley, SC 29642
>> (864)238-1707
>> http://www.coinopcauldron.com

--
---
Board repairs, EPROMs, servicing...

The Coin-Op Cauldron
405 Wild Wing Way
Easley, SC 29642
(864)238-1707
http://www.coinopcauldron.com

These are the threads that make RGP worthwile :)
> My mistake sorry, WPC not WPC-95
>
> "PT" <zeecarr1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > That's a tough one. I was thinking maybe you could hook it to the GI
> > circuit with a comparator to sense the GI powersaver. That would
> > unfortunately turn it off during the game too if the GI is ever dimmed.
> >
> > (is HS2 WPC-95?)
> >
> > John

Ok thanks, I will send him some info and see what he comes up with.