Big Guns "Ball Waiting"?

I replaced the batteries in a Big Guns and got it to boot up fine but
couldn't get it to start a game. When I press the start button, I get a
"ball waiting" message and the game goes through a procedure of something
like a ball search. There are three balls in the game - exactly what is
called for. All switches test good in the self test. All solenoids test
good in the self test. What am I missing? I should also say that this game
was sitting in a non collector home and was not working for over a year.

Thanks

Kramertheman

Sounds like a ball is missing. Double and triple check all three ball
trough switches, make sure the balls are sitting in there. Test them
with the balls, not your fingers.

Kramertheman wrote:
> I replaced the batteries in a Big Guns and got it to boot up fine but
> couldn't get it to start a game. When I press the start button, I get a
> "ball waiting" message and the game goes through a procedure of something
> like a ball search. There are three balls in the game - exactly what is
> called for. All switches test good in the self test. All solenoids test
> good in the self test. What am I missing? I should also say that this game
> was sitting in a non collector home and was not working for over a year.
>
> Thanks
>
> Kramertheman

> Kramertheman wrote:
All switches test good in the self test.

1st, remove all 3 balls fromm the trough (otherwise you get the trough
switches reporting the balls there and you've already tested those).
>From 'manual' test mode, go into 'switch level' test. It sounds to me
like one of your switches is stuck and duping the machine into thinking
it's not in the trough. I suspect one of the cannon saucers.
-Gregg