Screensaver will not activate

Just got a new 4600 desktop yesterday and the screensaver never comes on.

XP HOME
1901 FP ( using DVI cable)
128 MB DDR NVidia GeForce FX 5200 video card

I've tried changing the screensaver choices, and the interval at which it
should activate, but it still doesn't come on, seemingly no matter how long
I wait.

Any ideas?

I wonder did you check the display section of the control panel and your
graphics card.
"kingdom come" <IcanC4miles@yes.com> wrote in message
> Just got a new 4600 desktop yesterday and the screensaver never comes on.
>
> XP HOME
> 1901 FP ( using DVI cable)
> 128 MB DDR NVidia GeForce FX 5200 video card
>
> I've tried changing the screensaver choices, and the interval at which it
> should activate, but it still doesn't come on, seemingly no matter how
long
> I wait.
>
> Any ideas?

"kingdom come" <IcanC4miles@yes.com> wrote in message
> Just got a new 4600 desktop yesterday and the screensaver never comes on.
>
> XP HOME
> 1901 FP ( using DVI cable)
> 128 MB DDR NVidia GeForce FX 5200 video card
>
> I've tried changing the screensaver choices, and the interval at which it
> should activate, but it still doesn't come on, seemingly no matter how
long
> I wait.
>
> Any ideas?

Some program is writing to Windows in the background simulating, in effect,
user activity. It may be a network connection or utility or some other app.
Find it and your screensaver will return I bet.

Stew