Suppressing SYSPREP At Startup?

August 12, 2005 10:49:05 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Could someone please tell me how to suppress SYSPREP at startup?

My machine was successfully set up and configured weeks ago and is
running fine. However, this annoying screen pops-up every time I boot.

I don't think my network admins fully understand how this utility
works, as they instructed me to just 'X' it out. They say if I hit any
other button in the box, I'll lose my IP and destroy the world.

I found sysprep.exe & sysprep.ini in the /I386/ folder. Can I just
delete them?

Thanks in advance,

A_C
August 12, 2005 11:55:10 AM

José Gallardo wrote:
> Start > Run and type in "msconfig" without the quotes. Go to "Startup"
> tab and see if there is an entry related to "Sysprep". If so, uncheck it
> and reboot.

Nothing under msconfig/startup, or under Services. If it were that
simple, I wouldn't have bothered asking.

A_C
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 2:32:52 PM

From: "Agent_C" <Agent-C-hates-spam@nyc.rr.com>

| Could someone please tell me how to suppress SYSPREP at startup?
|
| My machine was successfully set up and configured weeks ago and is
| running fine. However, this annoying screen pops-up every time I boot.
|
| I don't think my network admins fully understand how this utility
| works, as they instructed me to just 'X' it out. They say if I hit any
| other button in the box, I'll lose my IP and destroy the world.
|
| I found sysprep.exe & sysprep.ini in the /I386/ folder. Can I just
| delete them?
|
| Thanks in advance,
|
| A_C

There is NO reason why SYSPREP should be running. Once Sysprep is executed it will cause a
Mini Wizard to run when rebooted. Once that is completed the running sysprep folder and
files are self deleted. Removing the fiiles from a i386 folder will not help.

I suggest contacting you administration/network support personnel.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

www.fermu.com

"Agent_C" <Agent-C-hates-spam@nyc.rr.com> escribió en el mensaje
> Could someone please tell me how to suppress SYSPREP at startup?
>
> My machine was successfully set up and configured weeks ago and is
> running fine. However, this annoying screen pops-up every time I boot.
>
> I don't think my network admins fully understand how this utility
> works, as they instructed me to just 'X' it out. They say if I hit any
> other button in the box, I'll lose my IP and destroy the world.
>
> I found sysprep.exe & sysprep.ini in the /I386/ folder. Can I just
> delete them?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> A_C

August 13, 2005 11:56:10 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

OK, so the OP says he doesn't think his sysadmins understand the
utility, so he seeks help here. Respondent says:

>I suggest contacting you administration/network support personnel.

Gee thanks.

If you don't work for Microsoft, you should… and to think I could
have paid $35 for that answer!

A_C
August 14, 2005 4:05:54 PM

Agent_C wrote:

> OK, so the OP says he doesn't think his sysadmins understand the
> utility, so he seeks help here. Respondent says:
>
>>I suggest contacting you administration/network support personnel.
>
> Gee thanks.
>
> If you don't work for Microsoft, you should… and to think I could
> have paid $35 for that answer!

It's not the OP's responsibility to setup and run the
sysprep utility. It is the support personnel who have that
responsibility. He/she HAS to go back to them. If he/she
still doesn't get satisfaction the he/she should go to their
manager.

Cheers,

Cliff

August 14, 2005 4:05:55 PM

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:05:54 +1200, Enkidu <enkidu.com@com.cliffp.com>
wrote:

>It's not the OP's responsibility to setup and run the
>sysprep utility. It is the support personnel who have that
>responsibility. He/she HAS to go back to them. If he/she
>still doesn't get satisfaction the he/she should go to their
>manager.

In a perfect world, yes; but I don't want to make a federal case out
of this, I just want to put this annoying pop-up window to bed.

I have administrative rights to my machine, so I don't absolutely
_have_ to go through them - Particularly if they don't know what
they're doing.

A_C
August 14, 2005 11:57:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Looks like you don't know what you are doing either.
Tell you support personnel to remove your local admin rights.

By the way, what makes you think it is the Sysprep windows that magically
popup?

Ever thought it could be a spyware or a viruses.....you do have admin
rights, so you are expose to those threats...

"Agent_C" <Agent-C-hates-spam@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:05:54 +1200, Enkidu <enkidu.com@com.cliffp.com>
> wrote:
>
>>It's not the OP's responsibility to setup and run the
>>sysprep utility. It is the support personnel who have that
>>responsibility. He/she HAS to go back to them. If he/she
>>still doesn't get satisfaction the he/she should go to their
>>manager.
>
> In a perfect world, yes; but I don't want to make a federal case out
> of this, I just want to put this annoying pop-up window to bed.
>
> I have administrative rights to my machine, so I don't absolutely
> _have_ to go through them - Particularly if they don't know what
> they're doing.
>
> A_C
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 3:01:18 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

AN dto get this back on track

take a look at qb 287506
"Hugo" <Hugo@videotron.com> wrote in message
> Looks like you don't know what you are doing either.
> Tell you support personnel to remove your local admin rights.
>
> By the way, what makes you think it is the Sysprep windows that magically
> popup?
>
> Ever thought it could be a spyware or a viruses.....you do have admin
> rights, so you are expose to those threats...
>

> "Agent_C" <Agent-C-hates-spam@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
> > On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:05:54 +1200, Enkidu <enkidu.com@com.cliffp.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>It's not the OP's responsibility to setup and run the
> >>sysprep utility. It is the support personnel who have that
> >>responsibility. He/she HAS to go back to them. If he/she
> >>still doesn't get satisfaction the he/she should go to their
> >>manager.
> >
> > In a perfect world, yes; but I don't want to make a federal case out
> > of this, I just want to put this annoying pop-up window to bed.
> >
> > I have administrative rights to my machine, so I don't absolutely
> > _have_ to go through them - Particularly if they don't know what
> > they're doing.
> >
> > A_C

August 16, 2005 3:01:19 PM

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:01:18 +0200, "Mats" <matsmcp@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>AN dto get this back on track

Well, it turned out to be a simple matter to put this thing to bed.

I just deleted the sysprep.* files and pulled all the entries out of
the registry. Rebooted and it's gone.

I just wish I could have gotten a straight answer from the get-go.
Instead, all I got was a lot of misinformation and a couple of
pinheads remarks.

I can't remember when a Microsoft.public.* newsgroup was less helpful.

A_C
August 16, 2005 4:08:26 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

With the information you gave us first....I was really hard for us to
troubleshoot your problem.

> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:01:18 +0200, "Mats" <matsmcp@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>AN dto get this back on track
>
> Well, it turned out to be a simple matter to put this thing to bed.
>
> I just deleted the sysprep.* files and pulled all the entries out of
> the registry. Rebooted and it's gone.
>
> I just wish I could have gotten a straight answer from the get-go.
> Instead, all I got was a lot of misinformation and a couple of
> pinheads remarks.
>
> I can't remember when a Microsoft.public.* newsgroup was less helpful.
>
> A_C

August 19, 2005 11:09:36 AM

Hunter1 wrote:
> Not to mention that with that complete lack of any conciseness as to the
> problem it didn't help when he arrogantly replied to people trying to
> guess at his vague problem with comments like "if it was that simple I
> wouldn't have bothered to ask".

Let it go sweetheart...

A_C
August 19, 2005 11:58:30 AM

Hunter1 wrote:
> You're the one huffing and puffing and flinging around blood-drenched
> tampons [...]

ROTFLMAO - Does your mother know you're such a potty mouth?

A_C
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 1:53:54 AM

Hugo wrote:
> With the information you gave us first....I was really hard for us to
> troubleshoot your problem.
>
> "Agent_C" <Agent-C-hates-spam@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
>
>>Well, it turned out to be a simple matter to put this thing to bed.
>>
>>I just deleted the sysprep.* files and pulled all the entries out of
>>the registry. Rebooted and it's gone.
>>
>>I just wish I could have gotten a straight answer from the get-go.
>>Instead, all I got was a lot of misinformation and a couple of
>>pinheads remarks.
>>
>>I can't remember when a Microsoft.public.* newsgroup was less helpful.
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 2:21:14 AM

Agent_C wrote:
> Hunter1 wrote:
>
>>Not to mention that with that complete lack of any conciseness as to the
>>problem it didn't help when he arrogantly replied to people trying to
>>guess at his vague problem with comments like "if it was that simple I
>>wouldn't have bothered to ask".
>
> Let it go sweetheart...

You're the one huffing and puffing and flinging around blood-drenched
tampons all because you didn't have a clue what you were doing. Only one
pinhead I can see in this thread.
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 11:21:33 AM

Agent_C wrote:
> Hunter1 wrote:
>
>>You're the one huffing and puffing and flinging around blood-drenched
>>tampons [...]
>

> ROTFLMAO - Does your mother know you're such a potty mouth?

You should hear her, she puts me to shame!
August 20, 2005 11:21:34 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Let it go Hunter1

As you can see, we are dealing with a kid here....

!