Solo 2100 network problem

Mike

Splendid

Assistance required..
Is a SOLO 2100 capable of being networked wirelessly? If so, how?
My 2100 does not recognize a Belkin 802.11g wireless card.

Mike

Check Belkin for specific OS drivers. If no luck, then you need to buy a
wireless card that's been proven to work with older laptops. Old laptops
running Win95 or Win98 usually don't work well with newer wireless cards.
Check Ebay for a Lucent Orinoco or Lucent WaveLAN wireless card. They work
great with old laptops and there's tons of info and drivers all over the net
in getting them to work with just about everything... including DOS. You can
pick the "b" models up on Ebay for well under $30. I've got one in a 1994
era HP 620LX palmtop that works perfectly. Also have one in a Compaq Armada
4130 running Win95 that works great.

"mike" <a@a.net> wrote in message

> Is a SOLO 2100 capable of being networked wirelessly? If so, how?
> My 2100 does not recognize a Belkin 802.11g wireless card.

I've tried to install Lynksys wireless-B
Adapter 802.11b and also a D-Link DWL-G630 802.11g without luck into
a Solo 2100 with Windows 2000. I saw on D-Links website that the
problem could be trying to run a 32 bit card on a 16 bit pcmcia. I
hope someone can give us both more information on this.
http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=971
http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=744&question=cardbus