Sign in with
Your question

Led backlight doesnt come on my 26 tv

Last response: in Other Consumer Electronics
September 23, 2012 1:34:29 AM

I have a VIZIO M261VP LED 26" tv I can see image with the flash light, but the LED backlights are not on. Do you see any white light through the back side of the panel

More about : led backlight doesnt

September 27, 2012 7:51:25 AM

Hello Community,

There has been a lot of hype and confusion surrounding the introduction of "LED" Televisions. Even many marketing representatives and sales professionals that should know better are falsely explaining what an LED Television is to their prospective customers. To set the record straight, it is important to note that the LED designation refers to the back light system used in many newer LCD Televisions, not the chips that produce the image content. The are currently two main ways that LED back lighting is applied in LCD flat panel televisions. One type of LED back lighting is referred to as Edge Lighting. In this method, a series LED back lights are placed along the outside edges of the screen. The light is then dispersed across the screen. The advantage of this method is that the LED/LCD TV can be made very thin. On the other hand, the disadvantage of Edge lighting is that black levels are not as deep and the edge area of the screen has a tendency to be brighter than the center area of the screen.

Best Regards,
Steven Dilley :) 
October 4, 2012 3:19:38 AM

PPCH2087 said:
I have a VIZIO M261VP LED 26" tv I can see image with the flash light, but the LED backlights are not on. Do you see any white light through the back side of the panel

No But some time if I turn it on and let it run for 3 to 4 hr. turn it off and turn right back on ever thing work for 3 to 4 hr. then it go black I always have sound.
!