Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Q: After Clearing what Drill Bits for?????

Tags:
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 5:30:05 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Hi all,

My HSII Playfield has just gone in for Clearing and I would like to know
what size Drill Bits I will need to redrill the normal posts holes (not T
nut) and wire ball guide holes, thanks for the help.

Kevin

More about : clearing drill bits

Anonymous
June 27, 2005 5:30:06 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

There was a thread about that not too long ago, Google is your friend.

John!

Sojourner353 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My HSII Playfield has just gone in for Clearing and I would like to know
> what size Drill Bits I will need to redrill the normal posts holes (not T
> nut) and wire ball guide holes, thanks for the help.
>
> Kevin
>
>
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 7:06:11 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Yeah did a google search of the group, couldnt find the size everyones
uses.

"GA Pinhead" <georgiapinball@SPAMTHISyahoo.com> wrote in message
news:b252b$42bf6047$a227dd6e$23320@ALLTEL.NET...
> There was a thread about that not too long ago, Google is your friend.
>
> John!
>
> Sojourner353 wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> My HSII Playfield has just gone in for Clearing and I would like to
>> know what size Drill Bits I will need to redrill the normal posts holes
>> (not T nut) and wire ball guide holes, thanks for the help.
>>
>> Kevin
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 8:27:17 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

There is no need to redrill, just tap them gently back in until they
are seated. If they are threaded then tap them in partially and finish
seating by tightening the nut and pulling it down. I have done MANY
fields cleared by Bill Davis and have never had a problem and never had
to use a drill.


On 2005-06-26 20:06:11 -0700, "Sojourner353" <sojourner@dodo.com.au> said:

> Yeah did a google search of the group, couldnt find the size
> everyones uses.
>
> "GA Pinhead" <georgiapinball@SPAMTHISyahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:b252b$42bf6047$a227dd6e$23320@ALLTEL.NET...
>> There was a thread about that not too long ago, Google is your friend.
>>
>> John!
>>
>> Sojourner353 wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> My HSII Playfield has just gone in for Clearing and I would like to
>>> know what size Drill Bits I will need to redrill the normal posts holes
>>> (not T nut) and wire ball guide holes, thanks for the help.
>>>
>>> Kevin
--
Pins - M*M - M*B - A*FM - R*FM - ST*TNG - L*OTR - R*F

Vids - D*nkey Kong

Past Pins - H*S#1 - T*Z - H*S #2 - C*C - S*C - C*V - W*H20
June 27, 2005 2:29:17 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

I've done 5 PFs as Kevin explains with no problems.

My vote is keep the drill bits away from the Pf.

Otto

CARGPB11

My web page: http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-Ottoslanding

"Kevin L'Heureux" <tv-sound@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:2005062621272116807%tvsound@sbcglobalnet...
>
> There is no need to redrill, just tap them gently back in until they are
> seated. If they are threaded then tap them in partially and finish seating
> by tightening the nut and pulling it down. I have done MANY fields cleared
> by Bill Davis and have never had a problem and never had to use a drill.
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 10:15:14 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Hmmm.. read the post Kevin... He said NOT the T-nuts... but the wire
guide holes.

I'd like to know too as I'm about to get my Pinbot CC'd...

Mike


"Kevin L'Heureux" <tv-sound@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:2005062621272116807%tvsound@sbcglobalnet...
>
> There is no need to redrill, just tap them gently back in until they are
> seated. If they are threaded then tap them in partially and finish seating
> by tightening the nut and pulling it down. I have done MANY fields cleared
> by Bill Davis and have never had a problem and never had to use a drill.
>
>
> On 2005-06-26 20:06:11 -0700, "Sojourner353" <sojourner@dodo.com.au> said:
>
>> Yeah did a google search of the group, couldnt find the size
>> everyones uses.
>>
>> "GA Pinhead" <georgiapinball@SPAMTHISyahoo.com> wrote in message
>> news:b252b$42bf6047$a227dd6e$23320@ALLTEL.NET...
>>> There was a thread about that not too long ago, Google is your friend.
>>>
>>> John!
>>>
>>> Sojourner353 wrote:
>>>> Hi all,
>>>>
>>>> My HSII Playfield has just gone in for Clearing and I would like to
>>>> know what size Drill Bits I will need to redrill the normal posts holes
>>>> (not T nut) and wire ball guide holes, thanks for the help.
>>>>
>>>> Kevin
> --
> Pins - M*M - M*B - A*FM - R*FM - ST*TNG - L*OTR - R*F
> Vids - D*nkey Kong
> Past Pins - H*S#1 - T*Z - H*S #2 - C*C - S*C - C*V - W*H20
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 10:15:15 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Kevin L'Heureux wrote:
> Hmmmmmm..... I did read the post MIKEY! He said --------------> "I will
> need to redrill the normal post holes (not T nut) AND wire ball guide
> holes" Maybe you should read the post again! I was not talking about
> the t-nuts either. If you had ever done a playfield before then you
> would know that many posts are threaded to accept a 10/32 nut on the
> bottom side of the field therefore making my statement correct.

I agree. No need to redrill existing post and lane guide holes, you
can go right through the clearcoat without too much trouble. I will
say that on most of the NOS playfields that I have swapped, the t-nuts
were mostly all size 8/32, with a sprinkling of 6/32 and 10/32 on the
WPCs, the older Bally were mostly 6/32 with some 8/32. It really makes
sense to have an ample supply of all three on hand in case one of the
t-nuts starts to "spin" while you are putting one of the posts back in.

Brian Bannon
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 11:53:00 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Hmmmmmm..... I did read the post MIKEY! He said --------------> "I will
need to redrill the normal post holes (not T nut) AND wire ball guide
holes" Maybe you should read the post again! I was not talking about
the t-nuts either. If you had ever done a playfield before then you
would know that many posts are threaded to accept a 10/32 nut on the
bottom side of the field therefore making my statement correct.

Are you alright with that?

On 2005-06-27 23:15:14 -0700, "mrmikeman" <mrmikeman@hotmail.com> said:

> Hmmm.. read the post Kevin... He said NOT the T-nuts... but the
> wire guide holes.
>
> I'd like to know too as I'm about to get my Pinbot CC'd...
>
> Mike
>
>
> "Kevin L'Heureux" <tv-sound@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> news:2005062621272116807%tvsound@sbcglobalnet...
>>
>> There is no need to redrill, just tap them gently back in until they
>> are seated. If they are threaded then tap them in partially and finish
>> seating by tightening the nut and pulling it down. I have done MANY
>> fields cleared by Bill Davis and have never had a problem and never had
>> to use a drill.
>>
>>
>> On 2005-06-26 20:06:11 -0700, "Sojourner353" <sojourner@dodo.com.au> said:
>>
>>> Yeah did a google search of the group, couldnt find the size everyones uses.
>>>
>>> "GA Pinhead" <georgiapinball@SPAMTHISyahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> news:b252b$42bf6047$a227dd6e$23320@ALLTEL.NET...
>>>> There was a thread about that not too long ago, Google is your friend.
>>>>
>>>> John!
>>>>
>>>> Sojourner353 wrote:
>>>>> Hi all,
>>>>>
>>>>> My HSII Playfield has just gone in for Clearing and I would like to
>>>>> know what size Drill Bits I will need to redrill the normal posts holes
>>>>> (not T nut) and wire ball guide holes, thanks for the help.
>>>>>
>>>>> Kevin
>> --
>> Pins - M*M - M*B - A*FM - R*FM - ST*TNG - L*OTR - R*F
>> Vids - D*nkey Kong
>> Past Pins - H*S#1 - T*Z - H*S #2 - C*C - S*C - C*V - W*H20


--

Pins - M*M - M*B - L*O*T*R - A*F*M - R*F*M - S*T*T*N*G - R*F

Vids - D*nkey K*ong

Past Pins - H*S#1 - T*Z - H*S #2 - C*C - S*C
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 2:07:26 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

On 28 Jun 2005 04:52:06 -0700, Briban@aol.com wrote:

>Kevin L'Heureux wrote:
>> Hmmmmmm..... I did read the post MIKEY! He said --------------> "I will
>> need to redrill the normal post holes (not T nut) AND wire ball guide
>> holes" Maybe you should read the post again! I was not talking about
>> the t-nuts either. If you had ever done a playfield before then you
>> would know that many posts are threaded to accept a 10/32 nut on the
>> bottom side of the field therefore making my statement correct.
>
>I agree. No need to redrill existing post and lane guide holes, you
>can go right through the clearcoat without too much trouble. I will
>say that on most of the NOS playfields that I have swapped, the t-nuts
>were mostly all size 8/32, with a sprinkling of 6/32 and 10/32 on the
>WPCs, the older Bally were mostly 6/32 with some 8/32. It really makes
>sense to have an ample supply of all three on hand in case one of the
>t-nuts starts to "spin" while you are putting one of the posts back in.
>
>Brian Bannon

Tapping posts back into a clearcoated playfield is a good way to screw it up. I
guess if conditions were 100% in your favor you can get lucky and not damage
anything. There's no need to "redrill" - what needs to be done is a very gentle
cleaning out of each hole before installing the post. I do this with a drill
bit held in my fingers, no drill motor! There is a ridge of clear that obscures
the hole and it needs to be cleaned. Posts are intended to fit tightly in the
hole and the ridge of clear is "too much" - it will break, lift, crack, etc.

Richard
!