TECH: BK / System7 cabinet flipper switch...

Last response: in Video Games
June 26, 2005 10:52:06 PM

Do the cabinet flipper switches get diodes (1N4148 for example)? I
don't see any from looking at the schematics but, since every other
switch seems to have them, I'm curious if the cabinet flipper switches
need them too.

Thanks again RGP!
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 12:56:08 AM

Naw. Those switches have nothing to do with the switch matrix : )

Richard

On 26 Jun 2005 18:52:06 -0700, multieng@netzero.net wrote:

>Do the cabinet flipper switches get diodes (1N4148 for example)? I
>don't see any from looking at the schematics but, since every other
>switch seems to have them, I'm curious if the cabinet flipper switches
>need them too.
>
>Thanks again RGP!
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 10:13:41 AM

No they dont use them, but the diodes commonly used on a playfield are
a simple 1N4004 not a switching diode 1N4148.
!